Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-16-2004, 09:12 PM   #16
Hit_N_Run-player
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Hit_N_Run-player
Re: Do They Make A 2.6l Stroker Kit For The Ka24e

i dont see how I/H/E would raise displacement....the only thing that could support that is the intake getting more air to cyl, but the exhaust and header would help will flow and not "raise displacement".

Horsepower sells cars,
Torque wins races!
Hit_N_Run-player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 12:00 AM   #17
D-Bo
AF Enthusiast

thats not what his argument is.. he's saying "think of it this way" not THIS IS HOW IT IS

Quote:
Originally Posted by iVteC_PoWeR
to me when i really look at it hondas just too expensive and theres not much power even after you spend loads of money...

http://www.cardomain.com/id/dbo240

***LOOKING FOR A COUPE, ENGINE IS NOT AN ISSUE***
D-Bo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 01:08 PM   #18
Alexious
AF Newbie

correct me if im wrong here but arent liters used to count volume and not mass?
Alexious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2004, 03:29 PM   #19
D-Bo
AF Enthusiast

yes. who said anything about mass?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iVteC_PoWeR
to me when i really look at it hondas just too expensive and theres not much power even after you spend loads of money...

http://www.cardomain.com/id/dbo240

***LOOKING FOR A COUPE, ENGINE IS NOT AN ISSUE***
D-Bo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 04:51 AM   #20
Alexious
AF Newbie

Well since we measure volume with liters then its wrong to say that you can compress air and make your engine >2.4 liters.The air mass will rise but you still have to call it a 2.4l engine even if it performs alot better because the volume of air didnt change.
Alexious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 10:14 AM   #21
Clov3rLucky
AF Newbie

Yeah, they have them. Check out Jim Wolf Technology.
http://www.jimwolftechnology.com/
Clov3rLucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 10:53 AM   #22
SR20DETpower
Banned

Send a message via AIM to SR20DETpower
a turbocharger doesn't up your displacement, you just get denser air and you add with more fuel to compensate so you make power. By your logic, anything that adds power to a given engine is upping the displacement and thats just not true. I like the I/H/E analogy, it allows more air to enter the engine as well, and it will make more power, but it is most certainly not giving your more displacement, it is allowing what you already have to work more effeciently.

displacement is dependant on a totally different set of factors... if you don't believe me search the internet for one of many websites that will tell you how displacement is measured.

what really messed up this whole turbo adds displacement schebang was when F1 allowed turbo 4 bangers, they limmited their displacement to well under the N/A engines and people thought well hey its adding displacement so its equivelant to the N/A engines... thats not true at all. They gave them that limit so that they couldn't completely outgun the contrempary engines, if they let them run a 3 liter turbo v6 they would make a lot more power and make fools of the guys who were stuck witht he larger n/a engines... when you have f1 technology and money they really exploit the engines making sick HP figures back in those days. There is only so much you can do to a N/A motor before you run into a brick wall so to speak on your power output, with a turbo application your power is only limmited by the strength of your engine, the amount of fuel you can deliver, and cooling. I think they should let them run twin turbo v12's and get some more fatalities lol... atleast it would boil down to more driver skill that way since you could have more power then is useable on most parts of the track.

thats all there is to be said on this
SR20DETpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 12:46 PM   #23
Importboom
AF Enthusiast

I would just like to say this too all who are as confused as i, are u guys just pullin these numbers outa yur azz or what damn wish i knew what the hell u were tlakin bout, but i do kno how the turbo system works but displacement? u got me
Old 12-18-2004, 03:14 PM   #24
nissanfanatic
240SX Guy

Send a message via ICQ to nissanfanatic Send a message via AIM to nissanfanatic Send a message via MSN to nissanfanatic Send a message via Yahoo to nissanfanatic

Okay. If say an engine has a VE of 80%, then it is not flowing 2.4l of air. That is measured at the factory as how much the engine will physically displace in a controlled enviroment in two revolutions of the crankshaft. Now with a VE of 80%, the engine is flowing the equivalent of a 100%VE 1.9l engine. What is so hard to see about a turbocharger increasing the literal displacement of an engine? Yea it doesn't mean you can change the badge on the engine or anything, but I don't think you're going to outrun a 5.0l engine without moving close to the same amount of air. HP=engine flow. No way around it. Can't make power any other way. You can free up horsepower, which is what I/H/E and drivetrain mods do, but you won't make any more power otherwise. No I did not just pull the numbers out of my ass. I do a lot of reading. Sure liters are used to measure volume, but do you think that a pressurized soda bottle is holding exactly 2 liters of soda and air when you buy it? Put a balloon over the top of the bottle and open it. Then measure that amount of air and add it to the 2 liters and see how much air you have.

1992 Nissan 240sx KA24DE-Turbo: The Showcar
Stock internals. Daily driven.
12.6@122mph
496whp/436wtq at 25psi
nissanfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 02:38 PM   #25
Mr. Need For Speed
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSR View Post
huh? boost is displacement? and i always thought displacement was defined as the area from bdc to tdc, whereas boost was simply more efficiency out of the given displacement
Boost is intake effiecency produced by a turbo or supercharger, displacement is the amount of liters an engine has as defined by crankshaft stroke. Example ka24e is 2.4 liters, that means the crankshaft stroke is 2.4 inches. If you remove the engine head and spun number 1 cylinder to bdc and measured the distance from the mating surface to the top of the piston it would be 2.4 inches. Also there are stroker kits for the ka24e try IPP(import peformance parts) it is pricey at 2 Grand but with a CX Racing turbo the proper cam, Shaved heads to increase compression ratio, a good port and polish, the ka flows less than ideal on the exhaust ports, and large injectors to eliminate a lean condition the ka24e can produce insane horse power per cylinder. I have an early 89 S 13 and the cast block is perfect even if a bit heavy because they can take more abuse. I build engines for my toys, Chevy strokers etc. Be prepared for the cost it will be prohibitively expensive if you are unable to do the work yourself, a lager crank will simply not fit properly without modification to the block.
Mr. Need For Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 08:35 AM   #26
thegladhatter
AF Enthusiast

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX