Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 01:36 PM   #1
Rschrei518
AF Newbie

92 caravan 3.3 Coolant Overflow

For the last year or so i notice that in the summer time and when i run my air conditioning and do a little idling when i shut the van off the coolant in the overflow bottle rises a little and bubbles for about a minute. I am not sure how long its been doing this is it normal. It really only does it when i use the AC. It never bubbles when the engine is on only right when i turn it off for about a minute. Is this normal. What could be causing this?
Rschrei518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 09:14 AM   #2
ogre1967
AF Newbie

Re: 92 caravan 3.3 Coolant Overflow

Usually when you run your engine with yourt ac on you are putting more load on your motor so it works harder and will want to run a little hotter. when you shut off your motor it will typically overflow into your overflow tank and then as your motor cools it will draw the over flowed coolant back into the radiator. This is normal as long as your temperature on your gauge stays within the normal operating range which is around half way on the gauge.
ogre1967 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager