Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-03-2002, 10:32 AM   #31
crayzayjay
CFA

Quote:
I've heard the F50 can drive upside down at 90mph, but I don't think that number is reasonable
I think it's about twice that, maybe even a little more
crayzayjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2002, 10:38 AM   #32
mastachi
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to mastachi
the saleen S7
what do you when a blonde throws a pin at you? ... run like hell 'cause she has a grenade in her mouth...what do you do when a blonde throws a grenade at you? ... pull the pin out and throw it back at her...
mastachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2002, 11:49 AM   #33
Morpheus XIII
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by mastachi
MORPHEUS...but are you gonna ever drive an f1 or a le mans race car down the street..i seriously doubt it..an Saleen S7..quite possibly (if you are ever blessed enough to afford one), it is street legal, and that should make it unique..
Hmm. Interesting statement. The basis of the Le Mans series is founded on street vehicles racing against each other. That is why the Saleen S7 is part of the series. All vehicles of the GT and GT-S classes MUST have a homologation special, meaning they must have street legal forms being sold in some part of the world. This includes the 911 GT3s, Corvette C5Rs, Viper GTS-Rs, McLaren F1s etc. Even some cars in the LMP classes have had street versions, although quite fewer these days than before back in '98. If you're lucky enough, you might actually see a $1 million Nismo R390GT1 driving on the streets of UK to a racetrack. Or if you're really lucky, might be able to lay your eyes on the ultra-rare and ultra-fine Porsche 911 GT1. And please don't think that the S7 is unique in the sense that the ones used on the track are absolutely identical to the street variants--no le mans vehicle is--but you can outfit one to be.
Morpheus XIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2002, 03:15 PM   #34
Da Hawxxx
AF Enthusiast

Coolest Exotic Car ever?
F1 GTR LM
Da Hawxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2002, 04:06 PM   #35
mastachi
AF Enthusiast

but you can buy a saleen S7 for the streets an drive it legally...you cant buy a lemans racecar for your drive to work on a daily basis...but you can with a saleen S7, which is meant to be driven more than once in a blue moon, and not just to a race..how can you say the S7 is not unique..
what do you when a blonde throws a pin at you? ... run like hell 'cause she has a grenade in her mouth...what do you do when a blonde throws a grenade at you? ... pull the pin out and throw it back at her...
Old 03-05-2002, 01:58 AM   #36
Morpheus XIII
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by mastachi
but you can buy a saleen S7 for the streets an drive it legally...you cant buy a lemans racecar for your drive to work on a daily basis...but you can with a saleen S7, which is meant to be driven more than once in a blue moon, and not just to a race..how can you say the S7 is not unique..
What you are talking about is purely subjective!

You can also buy a McLaren (well, used) and drive it to work every day as well. Therefore it's not really unique. There is a guy in Texas (his McLaren was featured in a major magazine a few years back) who supposedly has two of them, and one is his daily driver. True, the S7 would probably be much more comfortable as a daily-driver for the average person, but some people don't need that level of pampering for their daily duties.

How many Ferrari 550s have you seen in the past year? The 550 Maranello/550 GT relationship is basically the equivalent to the S7/S7R relationship.

As for the LMPs: What's stopping a guy from buying an R390 and driving it to work everyday? You may or may not know this, but Nismo designed the R390 street version before the GT1 racing model, which is highly unusual for a Le Mans prototype entry. It was created to truly abide by the homologation rules; Nismo built a racecar on top of a production car, not the other way around. On the other hand, the S7 was released after the S7R--the S7R was really what was on the top of the list for Saleen's essentials.

Let's put it this way: The S7 is a finely crafted, beautiful, and extremely rare car--but it isn't all that unique. But I suppose it really depends on your perspective of what "unique" is.
Old 03-07-2002, 01:58 AM   #37
mastachi
AF Enthusiast

The S7 is unique..i dont know how you can say it isnt..
Old 03-07-2002, 02:18 PM   #38
MBTN
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to MBTN
It's unique, just like every other supercar.
Old 03-07-2002, 07:08 PM   #39
border_project
AF Enthusiast

to me the mclaren isnt much of a exotic car. its more of a high performance sports car.
if its exotic i would say aston martin vanquish, ferrari f50, diablo, mercedes s class (kinda), bently and rolls royce
Old 03-07-2002, 07:31 PM   #40
Morpheus XIII
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by border_project
to me the mclaren isnt much of a exotic car. its more of a high performance sports car.
Very true...
Old 03-07-2002, 08:19 PM   #41
MBTN
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to MBTN
If the McLaren isn't a supercar than I don't know what is...
Old 03-07-2002, 08:20 PM   #42
ac427cpe
two wheels

Send a message via AIM to ac427cpe
plain and simple - Lotus Esprit V8 twin turbo
ac427cpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2002, 06:17 AM   #43
Roadster2
AF Enthusiast

THE MCLAREN IS A $1,000,000 SPORTS CAR AND NOW IT IS BUGATTI'S TURN WITH THE EB 16/4 VEYRON WITH 1001 HP IN THE EUROPEAN VERSION AND THE AMERICAN VERSION WITH 987HP

http://www.bugatti-cars.de/engl/index_cu.html

http://www.fordfans1.homestead.com/FORDFAN1.html
Roadster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2002, 01:07 PM   #44
crayzayjay
CFA

Quote:
to me the mclaren isnt much of a exotic car. its more of a high performance sports car. if its exotic i would say aston martin vanquish, ferrari f50, diablo, mercedes s class (kinda), bently and rolls royce
im intrigued here. what is your definition of exotic car?

cheers,
jay
crayzayjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2002, 01:10 PM   #45
Da Hawxxx
AF Enthusiast

mercedes s a exotic?
Da Hawxxx is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons