Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > C/K
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-11-2003, 02:14 PM   #1
Ballisitc Audio
AF Newbie

Unhappy Annoying Squeak from front

I have a 2000 Suburban and it has developed an annoying squeak that sounds like it is coming from the front left of the vehicle. Has anyone else noticed this problem? It could even be coming from under the dash but it sounds like its more outside, I have greased everything up front but nothing helps. Any info would be well appreciated.
Ballisitc Audio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2003, 04:38 PM   #2
lmnmarang
AF Newbie

try this underneath the truck on the drivers side where the park brake cable comes down it goes through a few i guess you'd call them guide holes the cable will rub on the holes take a zip tie and secure the cable to the side of the guide hole so it does not move,when i first came across this problem in the shop it took me forever to find (very annoying squeek)but this fixes everyone of them.the only way i know how to describe where to do this to the cable is it's under the truck drivers side outside of frame,you know where your drivers door and front fender meet go down from there under the truck and you'll find the cable.sorry for the crappy description hope this helps.let me know if you found it and if it took care of the squeek
lmnmarang is offline   Reply With Quote