Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > F Series
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
F Series Forum covers questions and discussions regarding Ford F-150, Ford F-250, Ford F-350, Ford F-450, Ford F-550, Ford F-650, and Ford F-750.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 01:22 PM   #1
davida6302
AF Newbie

2005 f150 SCab Passenger Window

I have been chasing a ghost.... The passenger window quit working, looking at the forums most say the switch in either the drivers door or the passenger door or the regulator and motor is the issue. Being a hands on person I took the panel off to test things. First was the motor, supplied power from a battery to it, works both ways, NOT the motor, tested the switch, same switch in other windows except drivers, the switch works in the one I tested, so NOT the switch. Next came the drivers side, WHOA we have an issue, 3 windows work but NOT the passenger side, tried a new drivers switch, same effect, also noticed the LED lights would go off when this button was pressed. Next, bypassing the switch, I tried to jumper the switch connector on the passenger side, from here I can get it to work without the switch, HMMMMMM think, think. So a common wire between the two windows is the issue. Located a wiring diagram for these two windows, the tan wire is the issue, many times I have read about a wire breaking issue on these trucks, but I said to MYSELF, NOT ON MY TRUCK! BUT in reality, YES ON MY TRUCK. After pealing pack the harness cover between drivers side door and A pillar, BINGO, there it was, the tan wire, I pulled on it, and found it severed. Repaired it and ALL is GOOD again. THANK YOU to all who contribute to these forums and solve problems.
davida6302 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
2005 , f150 , passenger , switch , window
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > F Series