Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Motorbikes
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
WIP - Motorbikes Post topics for any "Works In Progress" motobikes projects in this sub-forum.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 02:02 PM   #1
silversyrup
AF Newbie

"ROSSI YOU ASS".....Ok Donkey

Hi Something Ive been working on......

Getting there...
Martin
silversyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 10:57 AM   #2
silversyrup
AF Newbie

Re: "ROSSI YOU ASS".....Ok Donkey

Rossi Figure Decals 2008 – Hobby Design HD04-0013 – A Review.

First off it's only fair to mention that my figure is a 2009 one.

That said this review will be based on Decaling a 2008 figure.

Presentation.

This is OK with both diagrams and some reference pictures included with the decals.

Quality of Decals.

This was also Good. (although im no expert...Its the first thing ive ever decaled.
I used Microset and Microsol when applying the decals.

Contents.

Here is where we have a few problems.
Its important to point out at this point that my figure isn't quite to scale. (1/12)
My Rossi figure is about an inch taller than he should be. (not much you say...but I thought is should point that out.)

Anyway the Decals set says its for the 2008 season. Sadly when looking at the decals online. You never seem to get a big enough photograph to be able to check that all is present and correct before you order the item. That is something that all online stores should take note of. You offer us a wonderful service...But please make the pictures big enough for us to check thing out.
The online stores I looked at didn't mention that. It's not just the standard 2008 sheet your getting here. But the Catalunya Football design decals as an option....Please not you have only enough to build one or the other !.

Unfortunately I think this is what may have caused the problems with this set.
You see I get the feeling they were so taken up by getting the Football decals on the sheet. They ended up with a bit of a mess........
Let me explain.....For the standard 2008 figure you need a Black Dianesse decal for the lower back of the rider. This is not shown on the diagram....but is clearly shown on the reference picture. (But there are 2 white versions of the decal re Football livery)

And the VR46 decal for the front of the leathers...is also decalled in white (as per Football livery) and not in yellow for the standard design.

The bridgestone decals for the arms are approx 35 % bigger than they should be.

The Fiat logo suggested for front of the figure is quite a bit too small, Leaving you with the desition of choosing if you want the one decal in the correct size on the front or rear of the leathers.
You don't get that choice with the Football livery...You get the incorrect smaller version.

The decal “the doctor” for the Football livery is also coloured incorrectly. NO pink, they have tried to mute the original colours instead.

The Dianesse diamond to be used on the lower back are also too small.

The rayscoming from the sun decal are decaled in white, and should be yellow. The centre spot is yellow ?.

There are few other size issues, but in fairness you would easily get away with these.

All that said.....I did enjoy my first decal job...Although I wouldn't recommend anyone trying to use decals a small as some of these first time out like I did (some are 1.5mm in size.)

Anyway hope this has been of help to someone.

Cheers Martin
Old 01-23-2010, 12:27 PM   #3
silversyrup
AF Newbie

A bit more Paint...Decals....Hands (in progress)

Still alot to do....Finish the Hands....Finish the head....etc

Cheers Martin
Old 01-23-2010, 06:24 PM   #4
stainlesssteel
AF Regular

Wow...Rossi looks good...But I think the chest part is a bit too flat?
Anyways great sculping mate!
stainlesssteel is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Motorbikes