Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35 Excellent platform and the good ol' VQ30DE and VQ35DE engines.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-11-2001, 04:00 PM   #1
GOD
Banned

Send a message via AIM to GOD
Unhappy

Simple question here guys 01 Acura Integra Type R or a 01 Nisson 20th annerversery Maxima ?
GOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2001, 05:07 PM   #2
enzo@af
Old Mod

Send a message via ICQ to enzo@af Send a message via AIM to enzo@af
I think JD already gave you a pretty good answer....wait and get the new Integra (RSX, is it?).
Old 02-11-2001, 09:15 PM   #3
GOD
Banned

but i dont want an rs-x . I do not like the body style its ugly thats just my opinion i dont really like it i wanna know between the ITR or the Maxima
Old 02-11-2001, 09:17 PM   #4
igor@af
Your friendly AF Admin

Send a message via ICQ to igor@af Send a message via AIM to igor@af
Maxima all the way!
And get a supercharger from Stillen, and a body kit.
It would look VERY good, and it will be very fast as well.
Old 02-11-2001, 09:17 PM   #5
RacingManiac
AF Newbie

If you do racing and nothing else, get the integra. If you drive your car everyday and do things normal people does, buy the Maxima. It's a much useful car....
Old 02-11-2001, 09:37 PM   #6
GOD
Banned

Thanks guys i'm pretty sure that im gonna get the maxima . Damn its gonna be tight , hey igor do u know how much a stillen sc would cost and how much hp/torque it would produce
Old 02-12-2001, 07:25 AM   #7
igor@af
Your friendly AF Admin

Send a message via ICQ to igor@af Send a message via AIM to igor@af
Go to http://www.Stillen.com
this is what I found out, a lil more than I expected:
+STI S/CHARGER KIT $4,351.32
If you get it you will have 280hp, and the acceleration will be around 5.5 seconds.

Old 03-21-2001, 06:50 PM   #8
LilMax
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to LilMax
I honestly think you should get the Maxima. Luxury and sport at the same time!!!! Hell yeah. Chicks will dig it and you won't grow too old for the Maxima!!!1

Plus it will look good sitting next to my Tacoma!!!!!!!!
LilMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2001, 07:10 PM   #9
MaximumBrian
AF Regular

Send a message via ICQ to MaximumBrian Send a message via AIM to MaximumBrian
20th anniverssary Maxima is so damn nice, get it.
Mods: Stillen 5 Piece Aero Kit / 5Zigen GT8 17" Rims / Nitto NT555 ZR-W 235/45/17 Tires / Suspension Techniques Modified Springs / Tokico Blues / Stillen Front Strut Tower Bar / Stillen Rear Sway Bar / Greddy Catback Exhaust / Cattman Y-Pipe / Random Tech 2.5" Straight Through Cat Converter / PR Cold Air Intake Adapter / Stillen ShortRam Intake with Velocity Stack / GForce 96 ECU (Testing for Maximadriver.com/Cheston) / Stillen Carbon Fiber Dash / Clear'd Amber Out of Taillights / Courtesy Front Clear Corners / SS Brake Lines / Porterfield Pads / Cut Shift Handle / Autolite Titanium Spark Plugs / B&M Carbon Fiber Shift Knob / Razo Carbon Fiber Pedals / JL 12W3 12" / Kenwood 650 Watt Amp / Redline MTF / Mobil 1 5w30 every 2500 miles / Wax every 3 months
180 FWHP - 186 TQ [Before Cat & ECU] (Outside 90F, one small worthless fan) / Estimate Power (w/ Cat & ECU) 190 FWHP - 200 TQ / 14.7 @ 94 [Before Cat & ECU] (Pomona 01/2001 - Cool/Overcast day)
http://www.brianv.net

Who wants some???

Support my business so I can mod my Maxima - http://www.vsdev.com
MaximumBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2001, 09:39 PM   #10
GOD
Banned

Damn i might have to ....b/c i dont think i can get the ITR right now and i by the time i can get it ..it would be sold The time im expecting to get my new car would be around june . Well i suppose that i gotta get the stick maxima to handle that power ....would i ... So would an auto be out of the question with a stillen SC ....damn 4 grand
Old 03-21-2001, 11:08 PM   #11
NissanZ@af
AF Regular

Send a message via ICQ to NissanZ@af
Wouldn't you rather have a stick anyways? They're a lot more fun to drive than automatics.
Old 03-21-2001, 11:24 PM   #12
LilMax
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by GOD@af
Damn i might have to ....b/c i dont think i can get the ITR right now and i by the time i can get it ..it would be sold The time im expecting to get my new car would be around june . Well i suppose that i gotta get the stick maxima to handle that power ....would i ... So would an auto be out of the question with a stillen SC ....damn 4 grand
Big Herm,

does the 20th automtically come with Leather. If not I wouldn't get it and just get some Wet Okole seat covers and save some moola, and get a stick too to save money. Then that would help save to get the SC. or at least some headers or somethin
Old 03-21-2001, 11:49 PM   #13
MaximaDriver
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to MaximaDriver Send a message via AIM to MaximaDriver
get the ITR.

the 20th anniversary max is nice, but to get the agility to the point where it will BEAT an ITR will cost money. and that stillen SC is a POS. the new v2s have SOOOOOOOooo many problems, if you DO get it, and plunk down $4k + $600 install, i guarantee you 6 monthes later, some type of problem will occur! i.e. stock SC pulley melting.. or something stupid...

also. 2k1 Type R is what? $27k? the 2k1 AE max is close to $30....

well. your choice...

ITR is nice. Maxima is nice... both have LSD, 5 speed available. only bad thing about ITR is it's lack of torque....

im just saying, cuz of the numerous mods available out there for an enthusiats. the ITR is a much better investment in the long run...

--Cheston

(some one shoot me)
MaximaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2001, 09:06 AM   #14
GOD
Banned

Brett- The 20th comes with leather its real nice

Max- Its a really hard choice .... i really want both . Their both bad ass cars its just hard to decide on them . And also it might be another 2 months before ill be able to get the type r and by then it would definitly be gone . What about an IS300 ? i mean i love the maxima and everything but i want to keep my options open .
Old 03-22-2001, 10:02 AM   #15
LilMax
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by GOD@af
What about an IS300 ? i mean i love the maxima and everything but i want to keep my options open .
That would kinda be a hard choice?????? The plus on getting an IS300 is that you can say "I drive a Lexus".

But then again, your looking to pay another $3k for that. And isn't the Max quicker?

It's up to you man.

You may not like the idea of a 4door car that much but it has it's benefits. I told you about that time I took Tara and like 4-5 of her friends clubbin in the Maxima, right?! HMMMMMMM, 5 babes in the car with me! hehehehehe. :smoka: