Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Civic | CRX > '92-'95 Civic | EL | Civic Hybrid | Civic GX NGV
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-06-2001, 03:31 AM   #1
kris
Off playing with fire.

Unhappy Rice restoration, what to do.

Ok, here is the deal. I bought my 90' Si not to long ago, and I am restoring it back from rice. The guy who had it before me had painted the vents, dash, and the carpet, silver, **gag** Anyways, I have got the paint off most of the plastic parts, but I need some help on getting it off the carpet. Here is some pics off what I am talking about:

Any ideas on what to get it off with? Also, I found on eBay, a guy who sells replacment carpet. Should I maybe go that route? Its not that expensive, and can be seen HERE. If I went with new carpet, think I should go with a different color? Or stay with the OEM black? Opinions, would be great, flames are always fun, I guess
kris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2001, 03:57 AM   #2
AzNsCruB46
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to AzNsCruB46
hmmmmm the grey paint is on the carpet......well what u can do is......deal with it...b/c it looks nice....LOL......or u can try using some of those soap krap........any type...u know...anything u find laying around........use the soap or whatever and use it with a toothbush.......brush in circles........if it doesn't come out..i recommend u buy a new carpet.......or another great way is........PAINT IT THE COLOR U WANT IT..........yea........kay later dude
Old 08-06-2001, 02:41 PM   #3
flylwsi
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to flylwsi
i have a friend who just spent hours scrapin the paint off his dash... mysteriously painted silver also... hmm.... now he is doin red and blak...
i would either find another dash from a yard... or spend the time scrapin... b/c thinner will melt it...
on the carpet... get a new one... they arent all that expensive. its easier than cleaning... what a dirty word... clean... ewww
flylwsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2001, 02:38 AM   #4
honda_guy
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to honda_guy
I suggest you get new black carpet if really dont want the silver color. There is no way the paint will come out. I also suggest going to a wrecking yard and see if you can find a '90-91 Civic(or '88-89 also, but I dont know all the parts are the same) with an intact interior and just get new/used plastic pieces(or save $$$ and also get the carpet if its decent). That, or you can paint them black, but if it gets scratched or chipped, its silver again.
honda_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2001, 02:50 AM   #5
FF-Formula
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to FF-Formula Send a message via AIM to FF-Formula
strip out everything... roll cage... racing seat and harness and your set...

if you cant get the paint off, I think you'll find plenty of dash board pieces at a pick a part junk yard... there should be a ton of EFs there now days.
FF-Formula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2001, 01:14 PM   #6
kris
Off playing with fire.

Quote:
Originally posted by FF-Formula
strip out everything... roll cage... racing seat and harness and your set...

if you cant get the paint off, I think you'll find plenty of dash board pieces at a pick a part junk yard... there should be a ton of EFs there now days.
hehe, well, I still have my old Autopower 4 point rollbar from my other civic, so I plan on putting that in this one. As far as the grils, etc., that were painted silver, they are clean now. So it is just the carpet that I am worried about. Thanks dor the tips and ideas.
Old 08-10-2001, 01:20 PM   #7
Jay!
Horizontally Opposed

Send a message via AIM to Jay! Send a message via Yahoo to Jay!
Hey, kb, go out and buy Castrol Super Clean at an auto parts store. It'll strip paint off plastic like nobody's business, and you can dilute it to use it on carpet/upholstrty, too. Remeber to use gloves, this stuff is potent.:silly2:
Jay! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2001, 09:49 PM   #8
kris
Off playing with fire.

Quote:
Hey, kb, go out and buy Castrol Super Clean at an auto parts store. It'll strip paint off plastic like nobody's business, and you can dilute it to use it on carpet/upholstrty, too. Remeber to use gloves, this stuff is potent

hehe, but would it eat the plastic?
Old 08-13-2001, 09:51 PM   #9
Jay!
Horizontally Opposed

Send a message via AIM to Jay! Send a message via Yahoo to Jay!
Quote:
Originally posted by kbslacker
hehe, but would it eat the plastic?
With that interior, would you mind?
Jay! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2001, 01:21 AM   #10
FF-Formula
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to FF-Formula Send a message via AIM to FF-Formula
Paint Thinner Maybe...

If the guy that painted that used spray paint, you might be able to use some paint thinner to take it off. Just use some platic gloves and an old tooth brush and it should come off.