Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Hyundai > Tiburon | Tuscani
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-08-2005, 09:21 AM   #1
speedbreedtib
AF Newbie

Question 03 Betta SAFC-II set-up

Ok, I purchased a SAFC-II. Wiring was ok, besides working in an extremely unfomfortable position and wiring colors not matching the diadram I got from ben franklin institute. The problem is is setting the damn thing up. Does anyone know if the sensor needs to be set to hotwire or pressure. And what it the voltage supposed to be set at. I called the techs at Apex'i and they know jack shit. When I told him I had a betta II he had no clue what I meant. Does any one have one in their car and have it running. Mine tripped the MIl Light from the ecu. Any clues? I'm sure someone has to have a clue on this. If someone can get back to me this week I'd appreciate it, I'd like to go to the dyno on Monday
Old 10-08-2005, 10:12 AM   #2
tibby01
AF Enthusiast

Re: 03 Betta SAFC-II set-up

hot wire, and 5v. our mafs are on a 5v range.

we have maf cars, which is a hotwire sensor. MAP sensor would be for pressure.

go check out one of the recent posts here asking about 97 tib stuff. i put a link to a online manual for us, and a username and password to allow you to get in. check out the etm tab to find the proper wire colors and pin numbrs for the wires. there is a possibility you hooked up a wrong wire.
tibby01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 08:08 AM   #3
speedbreedtib
AF Newbie

Re: Re: 03 Betta SAFC-II set-up

Quote:
Originally Posted by tibby01
hot wire, and 5v. our mafs are on a 5v range.

we have maf cars, which is a hotwire sensor. MAP sensor would be for pressure.

go check out one of the recent posts here asking about 97 tib stuff. i put a link to a online manual for us, and a username and password to allow you to get in. check out the etm tab to find the proper wire colors and pin numbrs for the wires. there is a possibility you hooked up a wrong wire.
Hey thanks for the help. most people on this sites have 1 no clue or are dealing with the gtv6. So the betta 2 doesn't get much love. the wiring diagram i had originally recieved showed a green and white wire for the sensor. it turned out that the wire was Blue. Which according to the diagram should have been the next pinout and for the ground. But I had that figured out on my own. It was the damn voltage set up that had screwed me up. The tech at apex had told me that that they have never actually installed on in a tib. so they had no clue. He actually told me to Guess! Any way I'm assuming that the in and out are both set to 5. but I'll find out in like 5 minute when I reconnect the wires to the unit. If it works I'll post all the setails for the 03 betta 2 here so that people will have it for future reference. along with my dyno results so people can refer to them.
Old 10-10-2005, 01:16 PM   #4
speedbreedtib
AF Newbie

ok I doubled shecked the 03 tib with a betta 2 has a map sensor not a maf. So I am assuming that this should be set to pressure under sensor. Does anyone with a Betta @ engine have an SAFC -II? I'd like to know their set up
Old 10-10-2005, 01:46 PM   #5
tibby01
AF Enthusiast

shit, you're right. im stuck in my beta1 world. it is MAP. so pressure it is.
tibby01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 10:27 PM   #6
scottsee
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to scottsee

Congrats on the install. Do you have a pocket logger? Next step for you should be

A: Pocketlogger.com
B: Wideband

With those two items, an opend up intake, and exhaust i would expect no less then 240hp if dialed in correctly.
Old 10-14-2005, 03:22 PM   #7
speedbreedtib
AF Newbie

ok, I have it in, but I don't have the correct in and out for the sensor ro it idles at 830 instead of 700. I talked to apexi and they said that it isn't set of the voltage, but off of sensor characteristics. Does any one have this info. I'm heading up to epping one last time next fri before the end of the season and would like to have set before I race

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Hyundai > Tiburon | Tuscani