Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Trans Sport
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-02-2005, 12:51 PM   #1
patstp
AF Newbie

Problems Trans Port 1995...

Hi, new here don't really know how it works but i'll explain my troubles...

1. I've changed breaks on all 4 wheels a month ago, since then, but more since a couple of days ABS comes on without reason and truck seems to slip on breaking...anyone experienced that ?

2. Left front Ball joint always breaks...changed it 2 times since last summer...

3. Been told that my front (left also i think) tie rod as to be changed is that in connection with any trouble mentionned above ?

Thanks for any response !
patstp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 08:56 AM   #2
ciras3
AF Newbie

Re: Problems Trans Port 1995...

Quote:
Originally Posted by patstp
Hi, new here don't really know how it works but i'll explain my troubles...

1. I've changed breaks on all 4 wheels a month ago, since then, but more since a couple of days ABS comes on without reason and truck seems to slip on breaking...anyone experienced that ?

Thanks for any response !

You can try to clean the ABS connectors with some electric contact cleaner and then use some die-electric grease on each side of the connector. Perform this simple operation, plug them all back in and see if that helps. I have had a problem with my ABS lite coming on intermittantly and it seems like every 6 months or so I have to disconnect them, clean them and put new die-electric grease on the contacts. The ABS lite won't come on again for another 6 months. It's possible that this could help you out.
Old 06-27-2005, 10:07 AM   #3
LMP
AF Enthusiast

Re: Problems Trans Port 1995...

Hi Pat
Transport front end is a regular on maintenance. TIe rod ends (outer AND inner), ball joints, bearings, they all come regularly. However, I'm a little skeptical about the ball joint having to be replaced twice in a year. What was the symptom? Is the symptom gone now that it has been changed again? At one time in my transport history, and reluctantly because it is a serious undertaking, I had to change the INNER tie rod ends: symptom: almost continuous clicking at wheel rotation rate at highway speed. You have to get the rack and pniion down to do that...I just wish you could avoid that. Notice that I still have the original rack and pinion. Make sure the front end is pro^perly aligned too. Improper alignment is hard on components, handling (and on tires too).

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Trans Sport