Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General > Dealer Experiences
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Dealer Experiences If you want to brag or complain about the deal or the service you got, this is the place.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-02-2004, 12:44 PM   #1
BrooklynRacer
AF Newbie

Being compensated or Reimburssed for Bad Automotive Service

How do i go about being reimbursed for bad service i got from an auto mechanic. I took my car in to have some work done.. after 3 times taking it to them, the problem still was not corrected so i took it to another mechanic to have the problem taken care of... I want to be reinbursed for the money i paid the mechanic who never got the job right and kept telling me bull about what the problem really was.
BrooklynRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 07:31 PM   #2
KustmAce
Grande Boleros de Fuego

Re: Being compensated or Reimburssed for Bad Automotive Service

Try the Dealer Experiences Section.
Old 12-25-2004, 06:27 PM   #3
illusion123a
AF Regular

I had an experience at a dealership (where i bought my car) on the way home i realized that the brakes were not working right, tankfully i made home safley, I then took my car to a local dealer and they infomred me that the dealership forgot to bleed the brakes (they were doing work that was covered under warrenty, so I did not have to pay anything at the dealership), and also that the brake line was not tight. The bill was small, around $20, but I called that night and left a messageI also wrote a letter, and enclosed copies of the recipts, the next day the GM called, I told him what was going on and he said that I would be recieveing a check in the mail, for what I had paid out. I also got 2 fee oil changes (which i refuse to use). I say, call, complain, write a letter, with all documentation, (also photo copy the letter). I would also consider contatcing the Better business breau.
Good luck and keep me updatded, i love to see people "stick it to the man"!
illusion123a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004, 02:10 AM   #4
GMMerlin
I know stuff

If the problem was not repaired correctly, then you should be reimbursed..especially if you had to take your vehicle elsewhere.

As far as illusion 123a experiance, since the first repairs were under warranty, the second dealer should not have charged you either.
GM WCT
Yea..I work at a DEALERSHIP....got a problem with that?

Want to diagnose cars like the Pros? FOR SALE: OTC Perception 2 channel Labscope (badged as a Matco Reality)
This is my personal labscope that I use to diagnose waveforms, like new, comes with leads and training video
PM Me for details
GMMerlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004, 09:03 AM   #5
illusion123a
AF Regular

Well I did not go to a dealer the second time, I went to a local machine, that my family has used in the past
illusion123a is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General > Dealer Experiences