Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > GS300/GS400/GS430/Aristo
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-31-2002, 02:01 PM   #1
cpthrash
AF Newbie

Modified GS300

I'm looking at a '98 GS3 with 66K on it, and i want to know if anyone has modified a similar car, as this will be an important factor in deciding if i want to buy this car.:bandit:
cpthrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2002, 01:47 AM   #2
SportSC4
AF Enthusiast

Yes people have modified this car. it has the 2JZ-GE (N/A Supra engine). You can turbo it, stick a body kit on it, whatever. Check out the picture galleries at clublexus.com... many modified GSs.
Old 12-17-2003, 09:27 PM   #3
rbrandx
AF Newbie

O.K. I'm struggling with this...Why would you buy a car such as this to "mod"? This car is intended to be a sport luxury car, not a quarter-mile dragster, or a low-ridin' pimp mobile.....If you want to modify something I would suggest you purchase something like a Chevy Beretta or a similar vehicle with little to no resale value, This way you wont feel so awful about ruining a perfectly fine automobile.....and turning it into something that looks like what a bored 13 year-old drew in study hall......just my two cents.
rbrandx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 11:30 AM   #4
JBL85
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to JBL85
Re: Modified GS300

^ dont listen to this guy, I say get one and modify it, you can make it more beautiful if you do it right.
Old 04-19-2005, 03:02 PM   #5
f_natic
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbrandx
O.K. I'm struggling with this...Why would you buy a car such as this to "mod"? This car is intended to be a sport luxury car, not a quarter-mile dragster, or a low-ridin' pimp mobile.....If you want to modify something I would suggest you purchase something like a Chevy Beretta or a similar vehicle with little to no resale value, This way you wont feel so awful about ruining a perfectly fine automobile.....and turning it into something that looks like what a bored 13 year-old drew in study hall......just my two cents.
Go to Clublexus.com you'll understand why.

People do it cause it;s a value. They can't afford a more expensive car with more power and better handling so do it to something for 5,000 and still can compete with an m5 or something. IT is actually top on reliability, and in japan although we don't get the twin turbo engine- stil very powerful and has a HUGE amount of modding potential.

As I said go to clublexus.com And check out these names all of them in the gallery you will see how beautiful it is.

Dgot20's
lxogood,
lexforlife
gammalex
bluelex
jtanoyo1
rominl
dex
manaray
davegs4
blackened
aristor
gswanted
jay,
turbopimp,
d-man63,
ted920,
SoCalSC4
tranman,
gunnermac
neo
junctiongs
gstrance
hkgs
dru
aramigs400
jcramair1
abflunggs
turbopimp
d-man63
ted920
chrisleX
MrGS400insoCal.
f_natic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 02:40 AM   #6
cliffud
AF Regular

Send a message via ICQ to cliffud

Agreed. I actually have a modified GS300.

I didn't want to screw with the engine much since my last car (1993 infiniti g20) had major engine issues and i'm tired of dealing with that stuff.

things i've done to my car:

Avic N1 Deck

JL 1000/1 amp for my one sub (I have another sub on the way, didn't plan on buying the JL amp but just did this past weekend so no pics. )
Rockford Fosgate 800.4 for my nakamichi cabin speakers.
Tein CS coilovers
Daizen Sway Bars
Work Termist TM1 18"s 18x8.5 in front, 18x9.5 in the rear.
A Toyota Team Europe front lip.

The car has approx 112k miles on it, bought it with 50k a few years ago and it will probably last me another 100k easily.
Old 10-15-2006, 06:11 PM   #7
tmp703
AF Newbie

Don't listen to that Rbrandx guy, he's just mad that he don't have what it takes to mod out his GS300 ( that's if he has one). I would get the 2jz-gte j spec motor if i was you. Twin entry turbo with 320 hp that's awesome.
I believe it's a straight drop in sawp. No cutting molding and all that non-sense.
tmp703 is offline   Reply With Quote