Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > GLC
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-12-2004, 10:15 PM   #1
rallyboy
AF Newbie

Need motor

Help, I have my dads old Glc the car is about two hours away from me but its a 1975 ? ish rwd and was a great little car. It was also a 3 time scca nation autocross champion with my dad behind the wheel. I am trying to get this car on the street with a new motor as someone undid the low oil press light and she runs no more. Any help as to finding a motor would be great. Thanks for the help.

ps. I am thinking about putting in a 12a that i have but not sure how hard that is going to be and one know of a good web page with info about that swap. Thanks

Robert
rallyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 04:27 AM   #2
Mazda323man
AF Newbie

Re: Need motor

would a miata motor work for ya?
Mazda323man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 04:15 AM   #3
spleen
AF Newbie

Re: Need motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallyboy
Help, I have my dads old Glc the car is about two hours away from me but its a 1975 ? ish rwd and was a great little car. It was also a 3 time scca nation autocross champion with my dad behind the wheel. I am trying to get this car on the street with a new motor as someone undid the low oil press light and she runs no more. Any help as to finding a motor would be great. Thanks for the help.

ps. I am thinking about putting in a 12a that i have but not sure how hard that is going to be and one know of a good web page with info about that swap. Thanks

Robert
i got a complete 86 glc with about 98,000 miles, bent driver door, but you can have the whole kit and kaboodle for 300.00 if you can get to oregon, its a transverse front wheel drive, but i beleive a 1600 or an 1800, i dunno what they had in them then
spleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 04:45 PM   #4
wavers1
AF Newbie

Question glc

let me know if you are interested in selling it AT ALL. maybe we can work out a deal.
wavers1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 01:03 AM   #5
spleen
AF Newbie

Thumbs up Re: glc

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavers1
let me know if you are interested in selling it AT ALL. maybe we can work out a deal.
i have been thinking, i also have a b2000 engine for my truck, i put in a b2200, larger stroke and its the crank that determines that and we have a spare car, i would gladly let it go for 200.00 just to see it gone, just gotta hook up the coil and it should sputter to life, i will send you a photograph, and i will warn you that it isn't all that pretty since i have deemed it the beginner driver car, it even has a few bullet holes in the door from a time it was left overnite at a beach campground during hunting season! i am at frjames@peoplepc.com , i need your email addy without this clunky server interfering because my email program will not let me click links and i have to copy and paste in a browser to read the posts! email me and we can commerce through emails! then i can send you a few photos!
Old 06-19-2005, 03:02 PM   #6
spleen
AF Newbie

Re: Re: glc

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen
i have been thinking, i also have a b2000 engine for my truck, i put in a b2200, larger stroke and its the crank that determines that and we have a spare car, i would gladly let it go for 200.00 just to see it gone, but i have been thinking, you may be far enough way and maybe you would spend that cash just to get it there, free sounds better don't it? just gotta hook up the coil and it should sputter to life, it has a flat tire and i have to empty it out, it has become storage for electronic things, direct tv boxes and sattelite dishes. a broken tailite cover, and missing catalic converter, it ran a bit loud, but still ran goodi will send you a photograph, and i will warn you that it isn't all that pretty since i have deemed it the beginner driver car, it even has a few bullet holes in the door from a time it was left overnite at a beach campground during hunting season! i am at frjames@peoplepc.com , i need your email addy without this clunky server interfering because my email program will not let me click links and i have to copy and paste in a browser to read the posts! email me and we can commerce through emails! then i can send you a few photos!
alright then?

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > GLC