Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > GLC
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-09-2004, 08:59 PM   #1
rotaryglc12a
AF Newbie

Where are the GLC !!!!

Greeting, i'm trying to find some support for the (GREAT LITTLE CAR) but havn't had much luck .The GLC is a 79 with a 12A stock engine. The carbs. has been mod. slightly and gets quicker response ,allowing the four barrell carb. to open at 4500 RPM'S. The ignition system has the direct fire or what's called the poor man's MSD but it hall tail with the stock rear end. I will post pic's soon !
(BORN AGAIN ROTARY)
rotaryglc12a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 08:40 PM   #2
wavers1
AF Newbie

Exclamation Re: Where are the GLC !!!!

GLC's are the bomb! there was an '80 glc rwd on ebay recently. the body and inside were all original and in immaculate condition, like new looking! it had a modded 13 b rotary bridged and ported with a double pump holley, holley fuel pump, rx-7 turbo 5 speed manual tranny, intake, header, borla muffler and all the smaller stuff that accompanies that kind of set up. the guy said it was wicked fast and loud. he wanted $5,000 for it, which i couldn't afford, but do think that it was worth that. it still didn't look as good as the 77-78! he said it was possible to fit a turbo on it with some modification, possibly even a twin turbo. a very clean, rare race car. i hope whoever ends up with it takes care of it and posts here!
wavers1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 12:19 AM   #3
metalhead140
AF Newbie

Re: Where are the GLC !!!!

I'm building up a 12a bridgeport turbo powered '77 model, though here in Australia they're called a 323, not a GLC. These are popular for rotary conversions here, and even more so in New Zealand. It is an easy conversion with Rx3 mounts, and as they are so light makes for a great little car. I have a piston powered '78 model for my daily too, though it's seen better days.

Go the 323/GLC!
metalhead140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 08:57 AM   #4
wavers1
AF Newbie

my dream car! lucky you! i just cant afford the conversion costs yet. things like rx3 mounts and trannies are like gold here in america. you're looking at a couple grand just for the old rx parts cause they are so rare here. one day...
wavers1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 04:35 PM   #5
metalhead140
AF Newbie

Over here those parts are easily and readily available, as are aftermarket reproductions. Having said that though, the price of my project has gone a bit out of control - "Well if I just get this then that will improve that, and if I've got that then I really should get this other thing to complement it..." But it should be on the road later this year, and I can't wait. Rotary workshops are pretty common over here too, so there is a good supply of parts and expertise. But so far I am proud to have done every little thing on the car myself. Other than tuning and probably some brake and/or gas lines, I will complete the build myself.
metalhead140 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > GLC