Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > JDM Motor & Parts info/chat
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
JDM Motor & Parts info/chat Discussions on Mugen, Spoon etc. Plus, info on motor swaps (b18 's, b16's h22's etc) and other JDM info!
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-08-2004, 11:15 AM   #1
DarkEternal
AF Regular

Question JDM B18c5

I'm curious as to how much horsepower I could get from a JDM ITR motor if I do the following and everything else needed for a complete rebuild.

bored to 2.0, port and polish, resleeve, balance, blueprint, titanium valve springs, high rise cams, cam gears, powerpullies, fuel rail, MSD ignition and wires, forged piston and rockers, supercharger, cold air intake, header, free-flowing catalytic converter, custom cat-back exhaust, tranny cooler, oil cooler, NX N-tercooler, aluminum fly wheel, stage 2 racing clutch (stage 3 if needed), stand-alone fuel management. I feel like I'm missing a lot. I can't remember anything else that I want or need to do right now. But you get the idea of how much I want to do with this motor. One thing I don't want to do is spray. I've heard too many things about a turbo or supercharged motor blowing because someone decided to inject N2O at the wrong RPM with too many pounds of boost.

So, how much horse/torque do you all think I can get out of this? I really need some opinons. Do you think a JDM RSX type-S motor would be worth the $4,000USD more? I'd really appreciate some feed-back.

'93 Del Sol Si
D16z6
APC short ram intake
K&N Air Filter
APC strut bar
APC Performance muffler
generic breathers
ACT Stage 1 Racing Clutch

---~things to come~---

I'm not tellin'....
DarkEternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 11:27 AM   #2
XixGenuinexiX
AF Enthusiast

Re: JDM B18c5

i say aroudn 280-320whp
XixGenuinexiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 11:39 AM   #3
XixGenuinexiX
AF Enthusiast

http://hondata.com/98sctyper.html
This is a 98 ITR with over 80,000 miles running at 11 psi. Engine has completely stock internals. The only modifications are the JR in tank fuel pump, RC 440 cc injectors, Comptech headers and exhaust (stock cat), JR short ram intake and Hondata s200.
These Dyno plots show the progression from using the JR electronics and FPR to using the Hondata and lowering the VTEC as low as 2000 rpm.
At the higher boost levels JRSC customers spend a bit to get their systems functioning well. The Hondata install costs about the same, is far simpler and works much better. Check out a cost comparison and pictorial install here.
XixGenuinexiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 06:03 PM   #4
maxspeedhonda
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to maxspeedhonda Send a message via Yahoo to maxspeedhonda

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkEternal
I'm curious as to how much horsepower I could get from a JDM ITR motor if I do the following and everything else needed for a complete rebuild.

bored to 2.0, port and polish, resleeve, balance, blueprint, titanium valve springs, high rise cams, cam gears, powerpullies, fuel rail, MSD ignition and wires, forged piston and rockers, supercharger, cold air intake, header, free-flowing catalytic converter, custom cat-back exhaust, tranny cooler, oil cooler, NX N-tercooler, aluminum fly wheel, stage 2 racing clutch (stage 3 if needed), stand-alone fuel management. I feel like I'm missing a lot. I can't remember anything else that I want or need to do right now. But you get the idea of how much I want to do with this motor. One thing I don't want to do is spray. I've heard too many things about a turbo or supercharged motor blowing because someone decided to inject N2O at the wrong RPM with too many pounds of boost.

So, how much horse/torque do you all think I can get out of this? I really need some opinons. Do you think a JDM RSX type-S motor would be worth the $4,000USD more? I'd really appreciate some feed-back.
FYI...
There is no such thing as a JDM B18C5. That is a USDM motor.

On that note, why would you spend $4+ grand on a ITR motor to rebuild for turbo/n2o? You could just get a GSR, save a couple grand, and use that to build a even better foundation.
maxspeedhonda is offline   Reply With Quote