Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > S2000
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-16-2001, 12:09 AM   #16
johnny
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to johnny Send a message via AIM to johnny
hahaha my ass... Unless you go out and get the BMW X5 that was outfitted with a LeMans engine! capable of 180+ mph... INSANE
johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2001, 03:34 AM   #17
Jay!
Horizontally Opposed

Send a message via AIM to Jay! Send a message via Yahoo to Jay!
Or you could get that LM edition Renault Mini-van with the F1 engine in the back! As long as were being silly!
Jay! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2001, 05:12 AM   #18
johnny
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to johnny Send a message via AIM to johnny
Hahahahaha... I know what you're talking about! I loved that car in GT2! It kicked major arse.
johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2001, 08:56 AM   #19
flylwsi
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to flylwsi
or i could get a tahoe, drop it on corvette suspension
throw in a big ass 500 cid motor w/ some turbos on it...
that isnt all that far outta the picture... open your eyes
flylwsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2001, 08:57 AM   #20
flylwsi
AF Fanatic

or i could get a tahoe and supercharge it, and go with mild suspension mods and still be faster...
do you know anything about trucks?
didnt think so
Old 05-16-2001, 09:07 AM   #21
flylwsi
AF Fanatic

and i dont mean to be rude, but, contrary to what must be the popular notion, the s2k is not god
there are cars, and trucks, that are better
Old 05-16-2001, 05:16 PM   #22
verboom
AF Regular

Y'know, if I was going for a really comfortable ride, I'd buy a older toyota light truck. I love those things. A guy in my church has one, bright red, those white wheels with the triangle holes in them, and the tail gate says "Tonka". It has got to be the sweetest Toyotas I've ever seen... if it was in perfect condition.
verboom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2001, 03:23 PM   #23
Z06Lover
AF Regular

handles better...

anyone who thinks an SUV with a vette susupension will handle "better" then an S2k needs to drive both first. True you can make a truck (the older F150 lighthings for example) have high limits. I saw a guy making some Z06's look like chumps in his truck...of course the truck was heavily modified and the Z06 was stock, but i digress. you can make a lot of cars faster and be faster around a track then an S2000 for less money, but you still won't have a comfortable, nimble, light weight, gorgeous drop top. IF all you want is a fast ass car...get a 5.0 mustang and make it run 11's for about $3k...it can be done...fairly easily. But i have driven and ridden in cars like these and for my money the S2K is far superior overall package. Just my .02.
By they way...i love the Z06, but i'm glad I didn't buy one..you can pick up brand new ones (2001 not 2002) for 41k around here now, with like 20 miles!! Depreciation kills a great american sports car...which is very cool...looking to buy a 2002 in about 2 years!!
Old 08-31-2001, 11:14 PM   #24
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

i forget what the name is but there's some company that mods SUVs i remember reading about a 180mph Durango
but i read it on forums, so i don't know if it's true
"Your ice don't shine an your chain hollow/ why you front in clubs for hours wit tha same bottle/ takin midget sips/ I run wit the richest clicks/ Tap the thickest chicks/ plus drop the slickest hits/ you know nothin about L/ so don't doubt L/ what's this muthafuckin rap game wit out L/ Yo that's like jewels wit out ice/ that's like china wit out rice/ or the holy bible wit out christ/ tha bulls wit out mike/ crack heads wit out pipes/ or hockey games wit out fights/ don't touch the mic if you aint able to spit/ flamboyant is tha label i'm wit.. muthafucka.... Big L"
gang$tarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2001, 02:45 AM   #25
F20C
AF Enthusiast

I test drove a WRX sedan. It was fast once you rev past 3300rpm. But that car has too much bodyroll for my liking. Like all Honda cars the powerange is in the upper rpm. To ultilize the full power of the car you need to be very skillful. It is different from the 95% torque available at 2500rpm WRX. With a good driver S2000 will win easily against a good driver WRX.
F20C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2001, 01:45 PM   #26
Eskamoe
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Eskamoe
That's weird.

This is weird. I was pondering the same question for when I graduate from UTI. I would go back and forth. I would read something on the WRX and say that's the one for me. Then I would see an S2000 and be like that's what I going to do. Untill one day..... I found out my girlfriend planned on getting a WRX. Problem solved!! I'm die hard Honda any way.
Eskamoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 12:53 PM   #27
Z06Lover
AF Regular

wrx is a good car, but on a dry road....the S2000 just has much higher limits. The wrx is too soft in stock form. Now with the sti suspension and som new tires...it would be much closer. But, two totally different cars. I would love to see someone lower the top in the WRX or put a dryer in the S2000!! My friend has a wagon, he brought a dryer over to my place and gave it to me!!