Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Eclipse Problem Diagnosis
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Eclipse Problem Diagnosis Got a problem you can't fix? Post here and one of our members will answer as soon as possible.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 05:46 PM   #1
Avemon6
AF Newbie

1990 eclipse gs NO SPARK.... PLEASE help!

i have a 1990 eclipse gs, and recently swapped a 1991 4g63 motor because the old one was running on 2 cylinders. but it did run! i pulled it and put the new one in a month later.....
The new motor did not start at first, and after investigating there was no spark. however i head a buzzing noise, not toucing anyhting, i started it right up! this is important, it ran, i shut it off, restarted it and it was great. however after a few hours, i started it again, and after running for about 5 min it just died. not like ran out of gas died, but electrical shut off.
again the engine will not start! heres what i have concluded:
new battery
new wires
new coil pack
new spark plugs
new fuel pump
fuses are all good

the engine is getting fuel, the starter is turning and cranking,
but there is no spark and it is not starting

please help anyone it is totally stumping me, epecially due to the fact that i even had it running for awhile, there is some intermitant electrical problem. i checked grounds, but they all look good. due to the fact that the other motor ran and this one does not what could possibly be wrong?!
Avemon6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 07:43 PM   #2
ned032002
AF Enthusiast

Re: 1990 eclipse gs NO SPARK.... PLEASE help!

I googled the issue and the 1st link lead me to dsmtuners. Here's what they discussed
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/newb...-spark-1g.html
ned032002 is offline   Reply With Quote