Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35 Excellent platform and the good ol' VQ30DE and VQ35DE engines.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-04-2002, 10:50 AM   #16
twistedmaxima
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to twistedmaxima Send a message via Yahoo to twistedmaxima
Lightbulb HJ COOL cant warm up

ok hjcool i think that your a/c control has jamed and stayed on cool. even thoe you can slide the switch back and fourth it still might be on cool internaly. you need to take it to the dealer and have theme check it out or try and take the dash appart and c if the a/c controll switch is still good. (thats what nissan told me)

TWISTED MAXIMA:bandit:

DRIVE FAST,RACE FASTERhttp://www.cardomain.com/id/twistedmax
twistedmaxima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2002, 10:56 AM   #17
twistedmaxima
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to twistedmaxima Send a message via Yahoo to twistedmaxima
FEEDOUBLE CANT GET IN!

ok feedouble heer u go the code u r looking for is inside the door pannel somwhere. i asked my nissan pals if there was a way 2 reset it,lets just say yes but not legaly! so they said that the only way is to open up the door pannel and the code shud be in there somwher. good luck,dont brake yer fastiner pins when removing the door pannel. l8r bro hope this helps.

Old 09-04-2002, 12:40 PM   #18
DiS
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to DiS
Dashboard

I need help with changing the Dashboard lights that glow white during the night. I wanna change 'em so when u turn ur lights on the dash will glow red instead of white. Thanks.

97 Nissan Maxima GXE
Auto Trans
Red Injen Racing Division CAI with K&N FilterCharger, Zero1Racing Front Strut Bar
DaRk GrEeN/Beiege Interior
Cleared out taillights/Clear fronts/rewired blinkers and sidemarkers, upgraded grounding...Check my Pics out on my homepage

New purchase BRAND NEW '03 Mazda ProtegE 5-spd
Old 09-04-2002, 01:31 PM   #19
twistedmaxima
AF Regular

Cool indiglow onthe go

its a pain but heer goes. first u need to remove the pastick face that is conected w/ yer bezel shade and yer dimmer and yer cruz controll.this is done w/ a philips head screw driver.there are two screws on the under part of the shade ,once u remove those you rab the bottom of the piece by the cruze button and the dimmer and pull back until it un snaps (B CAREFULLLLL) then disconect the wires leading to the dimmer and to the cruz controll button.toss the piece out of the wayyy.after you have removed the front piece the bezel should b exposed (all white piece w/ guages on it) this is being held by 4 or 5 screws, remove them and gently remove the bezzel..dont be afrraid of the wire jungle you are about to incounter(if u wher smart u disconected yer batt.) once the bezzel is out flip it around w/out streatching the wires to much so that you can get 2 the back of it.then look for 5 round bulb fasteners (mine wher a redish brownish color) then remove theme all bye twisting them 1/2 turn and pulling them out exposing the buld(the bulbs are the same ones you have on your door curtesy lights or on yer clear corners 4 those of u w/ 96 97 98 99 models) replace the bulbs w/ the collor u want the numbers on the guages to b RED,BLUE,GREEN,PURPLE,HIGHPERWHITE ..ects. (get good bulbs cuz sucky ones will fade,and you will have 2 perform this mod again):flash: putt everything back 2gether and dont forget to reconect yer cruzcontrol button and yer dimmer (YOUR BEZZEL WILL NOT LIGHT UP IF U DO NOT RECONECT YER DIMMER)took me a while to figure that 1 out??next make shure it lights up evenly if you have a dim side move the dimmer back and fourth once if that dosent work then you have a bad bulb(DO IT ALL AGAIN)then if it all lights up good wait till nighttime go pick up a buddy that is familiar w/ yer car and watch his face when he or she says DAM WHAT THE FU$% DID YOU DO TO YOUR GUAGES THAT S#$ IS TIGHT ,WHERE CAN I BUY THAT TYPE OF INDIGLOW??

Old 09-06-2002, 08:23 AM   #20
kathyb820
AF Newbie

Question Yeh I definitly need help!!!

If you or any of your friends can help me with the message I had just posted today as well as the 2 from July about my '96 Mystery Maxima I will the HAPPIEST person on this planet!!!!
Kathy (copy of most recent post below...)

Hello all,
Well I posted a message back in July about a knock sensor. Sad to say that was NOT the cause to my problem with my car. September 18th will be exactly 3 months that my car has been in the shop. That poor thing has been ripped apart and put back together and NO ONE can figure out WHY it dies and bogs out. She has her good days and bad. I wish for a miracle that someone somewhere would have a clue as to why this is happening. All the sensors have been checked and some replaced, including the knock sensor as well as the cam (that was originally told was bad by Nissan). Nothing, nothing, nothing!!!! If there is a miracle worker out there that has possibly came across the same situation, PLEASE OH PLEASE let me know. I would normally write this off and get a new car but I just paid her off in Feb 02.
kathyb820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2002, 10:56 AM   #21
twistedmaxima
AF Regular

Question MAN THATS WIERD?

What year is it ,what do you have in it, how many miles >>ib need 2 know as much as i can about the car so i can try and help you...

Old 09-29-2002, 03:53 PM   #22
tonioseven
AF Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to tonioseven
Question I'm Clueless about...

The speakers in the back of my wife's (mine) '91 Maxima; they're not 6x9's they're round; also how do these come out? The engine and transmission are in great shape and no money is owed on the car, would it be a good idea to fix it up a little? I can post pictures if needed. I like the car but she wants to get rid of it for an SUV. I'd rather get rid of my Grand Prix than the Maxima (more potential). Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
tonioseven is offline   Reply With Quote