Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Civic | CRX > '92-'95 Civic | EL | Civic Hybrid | Civic GX NGV
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-25-2001, 01:01 PM   #1
kenchan
AF Enthusiast

Modding a 2000 HB

hi guys, got me a 2000 civic HB last year as an eco-carry box. wanna convert it to a cool lookin' rocket. don't got no mods on it other than a cheap Alpine CD player...

any suggestions where to get sus kits and exhaust? i'm more of a TEIN kinda guy, so wanna go with some NA's but the drop height is not enough for me. HA's (got em on my 98 lude) are great, but the cost is kinda high for a eco-grocery cart with motor. don wanna mix and match springs and shocks like GC + Koni..wanna coilover kit. (max price for sus I can spend is $1300). wanna get some kosei wheels and decent tires for like $1000 total...so) exhaust wanna probably keep it stock unless a catback for like $500 max, intake wanna get a CAI type.

what CAI works on my 2000HB???

thanks dudes....
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2001, 01:07 PM   #2
kenchan
AF Enthusiast

THANX!!! everyone for your help. bla bla bla!!!

c'mon, need some help here...
1998 Prelude SS - TEIN HA with upper pillows, SSR Integrals 17x7 with SP8000 (215/45), GReddy Evo catback, Iceman Comp Intake, DC Sports header, Apexi VAFC, ZEX 55 shot with bottle heater, NOS blanket, Factory Body Kit, Spoon F/R tower bars, JDM Foglamps, Carbon Fiber trim, Razo pedals &knobs, Fiamm Dual air horn

Future Mods: Lighten car, 2nd 10lbs nitrous bottle would be nice too.

2001 G20 P11 AT- TEIN NA, TRM Snipers 17x7 with Potenza RE910 (215/45), Arospeed Dual-outlet Muffler, K&N Drop-in Airfilter, WW Front Lip, Nakamichi MB75 1DIN 6CD Changer/Receiver, FIAMM Dual Air horns, Levoc Pedals, PIAA (H4 Superwhite H3 Ion Crystal, 168 SuperWhite)

2002 WRX MT- TEIN HA's with upper pillow mounts, 1000Miglia HT3 17x7 with sumitomo HTR+ 225/45/17, painted side skirts, Cusco front & rear strut bar, Whiteline rear swaybar, aluminum endlinks, Blitz NUR Catback, HKS seq. BOV, factory front lip, rear valance, Kartboy short shifter and bushings.

Future mods: dressup wheels with Potenza S03 225/45/17 tires, TurboXS UTec, maybe an uppipe. by then, it'll be fast enough.
fiamm dual air horns.
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2001, 02:02 AM   #3
GOD
Banned

Send a message via AIM to GOD
Alright TEIN are really EXPENSIVE !!!! but if your a TEIN kinda guy thats cool . I think with your CAI you should go with AEM I personally think there the best . For power and sound Aem is probably the best . For a kit I'm thinkin a buddy club kit would look really sweet on a HB . Another kit that I think that might look pretty tight on your civic would be the Blackwidow kit , you would definitly have to get the Hood scoop made by blackwidow. As far as suspension I really don't know but If you need some places to look for these kits just tell me and I'll help you out
GOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2001, 09:35 AM   #4
GoT VTeC?
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to GoT VTeC?
before all that drop a c5 in there.. or at least a b16 motor...
the exhuast will do nothing except, but put a dent in your pocket, for real mods.

b16a ~ 1500+
b18c ~2500+
b18c5 ~ 3500+

you'll need other parts like cv joints, gaskets, etc there fore the +
Old 08-09-2001, 03:09 PM   #5
FlySi
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to FlySi
a motor swap is a great place to start
FlySi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2001, 03:44 PM   #6
kris
Off playing with fire.

Quote:
Originally posted by FlySi
a motor swap is a great place to start
Ditto to that. Who wants a Badass looking civic, with a motor that can hardly pull the car? Just my opinions
kris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2001, 02:45 AM   #7
FF-Formula
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to FF-Formula Send a message via AIM to FF-Formula
I agree w/ KBSlacker... the hatchbacks are a fun platform the work on but the D16Y7s sucks balls... don't waste money on anything for that motor... save up.. and swap it.

As for getting Tein suspenion... r u sure you really need it? I would only get it if you plan to do some road racing or auto-x. Also, everyone talks about Tein but there are other good coilover setups like Cusco and JIC-Magic. Have you checked out DigitalRacer.com? They sell that stuff... around your price range too if you end up going for coilovers.
FF-Formula is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Civic | CRX > '92-'95 Civic | EL | Civic Hybrid | Civic GX NGV