Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Mustang > Performance
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Performance Discuss Engine, Suspension, Drivetrain, and all other performance modifications here.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-19-2005, 11:45 PM   #46
silverstangs
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to silverstangs
Re: question about GT stangs

Cool, it's always cool to have friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaYzIeNoY
the engine looks completely stock,
You can't tell a stroker from the outside of a engine.

Quote:
he tells everybody that its a saleen mustang but he has the GT badges still on the car,
Some saleens have GT badges on them, mainly the plain S281.

Quote:
and wouldn't 400+ rwhp make the car incredible difficult to drive with no problems like screeching tires,
No it would not made a Mustang incredible difficult in a mustang. The 03/04 Cobra Mades 390 at the crank, and is very easy to drive. Vetts and vipers exceed 400hp, and lot of barely modded 03/04 Cobra's are on the road pushing 500~600hp while being completely driveable. As far as screeching tires, I could do that easily with a V6 mustang, gears and t-loc.

Quote:
and he had mad problems driving my 240sx i have a sr20det in it pushing about 220rwhp he couldnt handle it,
A 240sx does not weigh the same as a Mustang, your 240sx is a much lighter car, and the suspension is not designed for the torque load than a mustang suspension can handle.

Quote:
oh ya he can use first gear in the rain this is florida im talking about with hurricane seasons
Just because it rains heavy, does not mean you can't use first gear, even with 500hp and 4.30 gear ratio. Hurricane season does not mean much, it does not make the water and the road act anydifferently.

Quote:
the idle is pretty damn smooth and stable i've seen my uncles honda it has mad mods and I've seen it run a 8 second quarter his idle is twitchy moves up and down [real rough]
The smoothness does not mean a thing, the ruff idle is usually due to a bad tune, or imbalance, or wild cam. Also little 4 banger Honda engines are not Ford V8's, they will idle and act differently. How fast it goes down the 1/4mile also does not determine how well and smooth a engine is.

Quote:
oh ya this is just something else i wanted to add to this post the guy wants to turbo the mustang, he wants to use a single turbo setup on the engine, and mount the turbo towards the front of the bay where the battery is located
That's not to umcommong now, lots of mustangs are on the road with single and twin turbo setups. What he wants is very feasable. ALso putting the battery in the truck is also very common. ALot of 1/4 mile junkies do that for weight transfer. Other people that own Vortech blowers have to move the battery to the trunk because of the water/heat exchanger.

Quote:
1. wouldnt that create major lag because of length of manifold/piping
No, or very very little.

Quote:
2. that way it would connect would need to be massive custom unless he was going to use only one bank [superchargers and blower would be much better ideas Correct?]
Most mustang turbo kits are custom, but I have seen single turbo setups on mustangs, with both exhaust pipes running to the turbo, and it was not complicated.

Quote:
3 he claims power gains from building up the bottom end [forged internals don't add power] only stroking/boring/balancing would correct? [those all add destinct sounds and feelings to the car]
If he raised the compression it would add power without stroking it. Also, if he is using lighter weight components, he can gain power or more RPS's.

Quote:
4. also i have never seen an engine that has been upgraded as much as he claims look so stock, all wires and tubes in correct places, no zipties or anything, i don't personally know anyone that good
If you can visually see and tell if someone has stroked a engine from 4.6L to 5.1L's or just raised or lowered the compression with out tearing the engine apart, then your superman. Stroking and replaceing the rotating assembly is a very stealthy mod. Only the sound would give it away. Also the wiring harnesses plug and unplug. There is no need to cut or use zip-ties.

Quote:
5. i know for a fact that he has a tuned ecu and a controller to change programs, but when he does it sounds like a can of BBs with all the detonations
That's gonna hurt the engine.....

Quote:
6. he will not race me, refuses to, he'll find all these people to race me but won't do it himself, if your that cocky and have that much power wouldn't you show it off and race damn near anything
I don't show off my car and race damn near anything. There is a time and place for that, which is usually at the track. OFfer to pay his way.. if he does not accept, then you will know that he is telling you BS, or too scared.

Quote:
7. he called it a 45grand car to someone that almost raer ended him, i cant figure out where that number came from the GT isn't worth any where near that much
If he modded the car, and spent $5k on a engine, then suspension and so forth, he maybe basing that ont the price of those mods he has.

Quote:
8. wouldn't all those mods make his car get terrible gas milage, i've seen it make across town on less then than a 1/4 tank [jacksonville is known for being one of the biggest cities in the US land area wise]
Not nessecarly, it would depend on his tune and driving habits.

Now I personally don't believe him, but again I am not looking at his car and testing it. But 400rwhp is not possible without using some exoctic fuel, giggle gas or blower/turbo setup. If anything, stroked 4.6L to 5.1 might put down between 300~350rwhp.
Old 12-01-2006, 08:33 AM   #47
cdman3d
AF Newbie

Muscle Mustangs did a build-up of a 4.6 modular N/A with 490fwhp.
cdman3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 06:11 PM   #48
BlackGT2000
AF Enthusiast

490 hp to the front wheels...... that must have been quite a project. Thanks for bringing up an ancient thread.
-1991 Cavalier
-1997 Taurus GL
-1987 Ranger V6
-1985 Aries
BlackGT2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 09:58 PM   #49
TheStang00
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackGT2000
490 hp to the front wheels...... that must have been quite a project. Thanks for bringing up an ancient thread.
i agree, this thread is prehistoric, but i think he meant fly-wheel horse power
TheStang00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 09:27 PM   #50
Ednrdge
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dampachi
Simply, no. I have never seen a N/A mustang with 400+hp. The most I've seen was around 320rwhp...and that was with pretty much every trick in the book. Now...if he gets beat by stock SRT-4s theres no way he has 400rwhp. 400rwhp is mid to high 11s territory. Whereas a stock SRT-4 runs anywhere from mid 13s to low 14s. And detroit muscle you stupid piece of shit, if it has nitrous it's not N/A...nitrous oxide is a power adder. An N/A 4.6 would consist of cams/heads/intake/bolt ons/and whatever other 'secrets' you might have. So yeah..your friend is full of shit. To have 400rwhp+ in a modular motor..you need a supercharger/turbo.
It's a 92 right? a 92 is a 5.0 not a modular 4.6! A friend of mine owns a shop and does nothing but mustangs. He has only seen one N/A 5.0 over 400rwhp it was around 430rwhp I believe. I think it was bored and stroked to 347. and probably had every concivable thing done to it. Im sure the car would have to have a pretty radical cam. does it sound like it runs like complete shit when its idling?
Ednrdge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 10:10 PM   #51
TheStang00
AF Enthusiast

dude, look at the dates on this thread. its ancient. dampachi isnt even on the boards anymore, hes banned. read teh rules, dont reply to anything 3 months old or older.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:26 PM   #52
85 22rYota
AF Newbie

even if he had all internal performance parts its still pretty hard to 400 hp at the rear wheels the engine itself would have to like 500hp to 400 hp to the wheels am i right
85 22rYota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 11:10 PM   #53
351wStang
AF Enthusiast

basically
Old 01-11-2007, 02:40 AM   #54
TheStang00
AF Enthusiast

Why hasnt this thread died... we need a mod.
Old 01-26-2007, 04:36 PM   #55
EatonZ
AF Newbie

Why would he be scared to tell his friend what he has for mods? If anything, he'd want to brag about them.
EatonZ is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Mustang > Performance