Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Games > Other Games
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-04-2005, 12:47 AM   #16
Muscletang
AF Premium User

60 Minutes did a thing on this about a year or two ago. They did an interview with EA games and their goal was that when you put a football game and their game on two t.v.s together you couldn't tell the difference. That was just with their football games and they said that'll be with all their games if it's for one. Anyway, they asked how long it'll be before you can't tell and they said 3 to 4 years.

silly rabbit, tricks are for kids...

I mean, WHY COULDN'T THEY JUST GIVE HIM SOME CEREAL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars Ulrich
What?! Record sales are slumping? Must be from all those pirates. Can't be because we started sucking 10 years ago.
Muscletang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 01:08 AM   #17
Whumbachumba
AF Enthusiast

Re: Graphics, how far do you think they'll go?

The most realistic graphics I've yet to see are the cenima's in Warcraft III. I showed my mom a picture in the art book taken from one of the cinemas and she thought it was real. And, to make that even more impacting, she's the wife of a graphic artist. My dad makes commercials and uses images that are fake but look amazingly real. You know, most of the car commercials you see now, those cars a fake.
Old 06-25-2005, 06:33 PM   #18
Shaguar47
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Shaguar47

Yeah, I've thought about this for quite some time since I gotten my ps2 and then the graphics were unreal. Madden just was blazing realistic at the time and the reflections of the sunlight made me want to drool. But after those few years had gone and seeing the ps3 graphics, I wonder why I thought madden looked good at the time. Every console or new pc seems to completely make the old brother seem old. Consoles are just going to keep pushing the limits and increase hardware horsepower. I don't think we'll see ultrarealistic graphics in 10 years but i'm betting by 15-20, we'll be beyond being realistic. We'll reach that point of having a flower look exactly like a flower no matter which you look at it or how much you zoom in or out of it. My theory is that once graphics become acceptable as being realistic and there's not much room for improvement, it won't be about visuals anymore. We start moving on to ways to interact with those visuals. Interaction is going to be the next big step and actually we are starting it right now. The DS and soon to be revolution controller are surely the first of this process in mass games. I think that back in the 80's, virtual reality was an awesome idea but when companys worked on making them they found out that the graphics weren't that good, game enviroment was buggy and processing speeds weren't that good. So virtual reality died pretty much in the early 90's but now since technology has caught up, we are slowly starting to look into virtual reality. Only this time we have the right tools and equipment!

Current -- Ex to Si. It's Overdone, but who gives a crap. I don't!
Shaguar47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 07:44 PM   #19
Skyline_BNR34

Graphics almost do look real... Like in GT4 they look awesome and clse to real but not quite...

Gameplay is the key not graphics to sell games as I think...

Take example Twisted Metal... The first and second ones were the best because of Gameplay and not graphics then 989 Took over for the 3rd and 4th one and made the grapnics good but it sucked because of the crappy gameplay... Then Incog took back over TMB Black for the PS2 and it is funner than ever because of their awesome TM gameplay...
Skyline_BNR34 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Games > Other Games