Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 12:50 PM   #1
TorchedStealth
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to TorchedStealth
Tuppeware vs. NSX, 20G talon, and a few others

Its been a LONG time since my car has seen any action, so I was pretty hyped about these races. After I left work Friday I was driving when a pretty ricey prelude pulls out and starts riding my ass (it was the second to last gen, so H23 I think). He finally pulls up next to me and the girl in his passenger seat starts laughing and shaking her head. I hear him drop it down a gear so I do the same, and shortly after he just takes off….like they usually do. I hit it and start spinning in second so I let off a few times to try to get traction, I finally said screw it and just held it down as I passed him spinning until I grabbed 3rd at 70. I proceeded to put a bus length or so on him by 90, and of course about 10 seconds after I let off he pulls the flyby. That was the first race….pretty uneventful but I was excited so I added it.

My second and third races were against my boss’s car (its our company car), and for those of you who haven’t seen it over in the Racing OT section it is a 1994 Veilside NSX with a Comptech supercharger on 7psi, intake, and full comptech exhaust (even though the exhaust is only about 4 feet long). We were cruising along and got to the edge of town and he lined up to me with a shit eating grin on his face. We were going about 35 so I was at a decent rpm in 2nd, and he was a little low in his powerband. He honked us down and I instantly pulled about a car length due to my speed advantage. I held him off as I shifted to 3rd at about 70, but he started coming up pretty quick, and when he grabbed 3rd at about 75 he came past me pretty easily and proceeded to put a car on me by ~95 before he shut down. We went again from the same speed with the same results except we went until about 105 so I was about to round out 3rd when he let off. This time he had about 2 cars when we lifted.

My 4th race is another that isn’t really worth mentioning, but it was against a 03 or so civic si that seemed pretty stock other than suspension mods. He pulled up next to me at a light on the cruise and took off pretty hard on green. I followed suit and chased him down and passed him pretty quick (all while experiencing horrible traction due to the failures of FWD and 40º weather). I let off at about 60 with him a few cars back, but at least he pulled up and gave me a thumbs up.

The last race of the night (yes these were all in the same day) was against a 2nd gen Talon with a 20G turbo. Me and a co-worker were cruising around in my car after the cruise because there were actually quite a few cars out, and we were on a main road making a few passes up and down to see what we could find. We noticed a pretty clean DSM turn around early and we didn’t know why, until we turned around and saw him sitting there when we came back. As we passed he pulled put and followed us, and blew off right next to us…pretty damn loud spool too! I rolled down the window and asked what he had done. Here was the short conversation.

Me: Whats done to that?
Him: 4G63
Me: I know!? But what size turbo?
Him: 20G
Me: (This caught my interest) Oh nice, you wanna do a run over the bridge?

He responded telling me that people have been getting busted there so I just figured he didn’t want to race, but then he said we should go somewhere else, so we followed them out about a mile and line up at about 30. He honked it down and we took off, and I actually got traction and started to pull right away. I pulled steadily until I let off at about 90 with about 4 or 5 cars on him. They followed us for a while so we pulled over to talk them. We ended up talking for about 45 minutes and I guess he Is only running 10 psi for some reason, so he wants to run again when he turns up the boost.

Sorry for the novel, but I am just excited that I actually got some races in. These were the first races I’ve had since I fixed my car, and there will be more to come….and a few more mods also
2005 Saturn Ion Redline - Injector Dynamics 1000cc Injectors|E85|Harrop TVS1320 Blower|2.9" pulley|3" Intake|Vibrant Header and catless Downpipe|Hahn 3" catback|N2MB Wot Box w/2-step and no-lift shift|Cobra Heat Exchanger|Hurst STS|Ottp Stage 1 trans mounts|AEM EUGO Wideband|Aeroforce Interceptor|HPTuners (self tuned)|Mop Top Pros Carbon Fiber badges|B&G Springs
TorchedStealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 01:19 PM   #2
lightbalt
AF Newbie

Re: Tuppeware vs. NSX, 20G talon, and a few others

lotta runs for one day, I'm lucky to see that many in a year...lol
Old 12-03-2008, 01:24 PM   #3
TorchedStealth
AF Enthusiast

Ha yeah I hadn't had a race in almost 6 months then all those in one day! Ill take what I can get I guess. When it gets warm and we take the nsx out we are gonna run again. He gets to choose the speed this time though...I think I'm gonna get murdered lol
2005 Saturn Ion Redline - Injector Dynamics 1000cc Injectors|E85|Harrop TVS1320 Blower|2.9" pulley|3" Intake|Vibrant Header and catless Downpipe|Hahn 3" catback|N2MB Wot Box w/2-step and no-lift shift|Cobra Heat Exchanger|Hurst STS|Ottp Stage 1 trans mounts|AEM EUGO Wideband|Aeroforce Interceptor|HPTuners (self tuned)|Mop Top Pros Carbon Fiber badges|B&G Springs
Old 12-08-2008, 01:27 PM   #4
MZR_47
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to MZR_47

Yeah, No hope against that thing, especially in winter. I hate you for getting all those races, as I havent seen one since Eckman, and that wasnt even legitimate.

Im just hyped on my exhaust for now.

Silencer Delete | SPT Catback | Megan Racing DP | TEIN Flex Coilovers | Front and Rear Sway Bars | DBA Rotors | TurboXS UTEC | 18 psi
MZR_47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 06:12 PM   #5
Chiquae07
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Chiquae07 Send a message via MSN to Chiquae07

you guys are really just realling in all the races aren't you? i swear every new post you guys make you have a new mod. making me pretty jealous

i swear torched, you need to change your avatar, as when i was reading the race, i kept picturing a stealth, and not the redline

For those 9 seconds it takes me to reach 60mph, will be the most fun ill have in this car.
Chiquae07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 07:10 PM   #6
MZR_47
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to MZR_47

That makes a difference eh? And I only picture a baby falling down stairs when I hear Berzerk

Yeah we seem to get mods at the same time, and shortly after get races. I am more concerned with staying on the road an not dying than I am with racing someone right now. Heat Exchanger just shipped, and is on its way!

We need to race to see how much of a difference the 60s make

Silencer Delete | SPT Catback | Megan Racing DP | TEIN Flex Coilovers | Front and Rear Sway Bars | DBA Rotors | TurboXS UTEC | 18 psi
MZR_47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 10:59 PM   #7
TorchedStealth
AF Enthusiast

Yeah wow I havent been on here in forever with being gone and all. I cant change my sig! I need to keep the stealth there for sentimental value! lol

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing