Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-02-2001, 02:28 PM   #1
Cannabis
AF Regular

360 Modena

A couple weeks ago, I saw a 360 modena on the way to class. Later on that day on the way home from another class I saw it again, so I got behind it to hear it better. I continued towards my apartment, and he kept on going the same direction as me. Then he turned into my apartment complex, and parked right outside my building, except on the other side of the lot. So I park where I always do. And get out and talk to him. He had just gotten the car 23 hours ago, and he lives in my complex, so I get to see a red 360 modena everyday now. Can life get any better(well of course if I get one myself) Tommorow, I am getting a ride in it, and I am finally going to feel what going from 0-60 in 4.0-4.5 secs feels like. mmmmmmm G-forces. maybe he will let me drive it one day. Understand that the 360 modena is my favorite car made today. If I could get anycar made today, I would choose a 360 modena spider in yellow.
Old 11-02-2001, 04:18 PM   #2
Porsche
Pretty much amazing

Send a message via MSN to Porsche
You be lucky son! That's like waking up to a hot girl every morning.

ec437 on grammar;
Quote:
Originally Posted by ec437
I'd've
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2strokebloke
Any car built by "Dr. Technology" is probably not worth $5000
Porsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2001, 04:35 PM   #3
hakka
AF Enthusiast

I still can't understand how guys in their late teens and twenty's afford cars like lambos, 360s, and f40s i wish I had started out like that
hakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2001, 05:31 PM   #4
johnny
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to johnny Send a message via AIM to johnny
I saw a 360 the day before yesterday. I was making a left turn to go to my bank when I saw the 360 stopped on the other side of traffic. I nearly stopped in the middle of my turn just to stare at it. Good Lord, it was gorgeous.
johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2001, 06:34 PM   #5
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

how does he have a brand new Ferrari and live in an apartment building?! His car is worth a couple times more than his "house"

that aint right

i bet all my parents cars combined are only like 5% the price of our house
that's it!! I'm tellin pops to buy a Ferrari, or 2, or 3, or 4, or.........
"Your ice don't shine an your chain hollow/ why you front in clubs for hours wit tha same bottle/ takin midget sips/ I run wit the richest clicks/ Tap the thickest chicks/ plus drop the slickest hits/ you know nothin about L/ so don't doubt L/ what's this muthafuckin rap game wit out L/ Yo that's like jewels wit out ice/ that's like china wit out rice/ or the holy bible wit out christ/ tha bulls wit out mike/ crack heads wit out pipes/ or hockey games wit out fights/ don't touch the mic if you aint able to spit/ flamboyant is tha label i'm wit.. muthafucka.... Big L"
gang$tarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2001, 11:22 PM   #6
Heep
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Heep Send a message via MSN to Heep
Quote:
Originally posted by johnny
I saw a 360 the day before yesterday. I was making a left turn to go to my bank when I saw the 360 stopped on the other side of traffic. I nearly stopped in the middle of my turn just to stare at it. Good Lord, it was gorgeous.
Hah, that's dangerous making a turn when there is a stopped nice car like that...you know how they say you automatically subconsciously drive to where you're looking...I almost slammed into a stopped Viper GTS because I couldn't stop looking at it and ended up not turning anywhere enough. The guy had a horrified look on his face

Old 11-09-2001, 10:11 PM   #7
F20C
AF Enthusiast

I try chasing a F360 Modena once. The engine sound from that 3.6L V8 is absolutely wonderful.
F20C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2001, 05:57 PM   #8
hakka
AF Enthusiast

if you like how it sounds normally, you should hear the 360 in race form w/out mufflers
Old 11-14-2001, 10:15 AM   #9
Polygon
The Red Baron

Send a message via MSN to Polygon Send a message via Skype™ to Polygon
Ya' some guy where I live owns a red Modena. He also owns some other descent cars. I have raced him though. All I can say is he needs the tune that Modena.
Polygon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2001, 04:09 PM   #10
S Brake
Ferrari Guy

Quote:
Originally posted by Polygon
Ya' some guy where I live owns a red Modena. He also owns some other descent cars. I have raced him though. All I can say is he needs the tune that Modena.
10 bucks says he wasn't acutally trying his hardest, no Ferrari "needs" to be tuned...
Old 11-15-2001, 08:48 AM   #11
Polygon
The Red Baron

Quote:
Originally posted by snowboarder927
10 bucks says he wasn't acutally trying his hardest, no Ferrari "needs" to be tuned...
It only has a V8, the Modena is one of the slowest Ferraris. And the car I was driving, he didn't have a chance.
Old 11-15-2001, 10:36 AM   #12
Cannabis
AF Regular

Quote:
It only has a V8, the Modena is one of the slowest Ferraris.
Actually it is the fastest Ferrari pruduced right not. That is going to change when Ferrari starts producing the FX , but for the meantime it is the fastest(not on paper, but will tear up a 550 on the track). I can't remember which month, or whether or not it was Road & Track or Car and Driver, but they did a comparo test of several cars pairs of cars. Each pair was made by the same company, and pitted against the other. The 360 Modena turned the fastest laps of any car in the test. To understand why this is, you have to look at the engineering. The 360 modena spent 2000+ ours in the wind tunnel, which makes it capable of more downforce from the shape of its body than any other ferrari ever produced. Even the winged Ferraris. It is also all aluminum. The engine is only a 3.6 Liter V-8, but it puts out an impressive 420(theres the number :smoker2: ) bhp. This is my favorite ferrari, even though not exactly traditional being the first ferrari w/o a centered grille.

BTW the slowest Ferrari produced right now is the most expensive ferrari, with the biggest engine. The 456. I prdict that they will completly redo this car in the near future.

Peace
Old 11-15-2001, 11:34 AM   #13
Polygon
The Red Baron

Quote:
Originally posted by Cannabis

Actually it is the fastest Ferrari pruduced right not. That is going to change when Ferrari starts producing the FX , but for the meantime it is the fastest(not on paper, but will tear up a 550 on the track). I can't remember which month, or whether or not it was Road & Track or Car and Driver, but they did a comparo test of several cars pairs of cars. Each pair was made by the same company, and pitted against the other. The 360 Modena turned the fastest laps of any car in the test. To understand why this is, you have to look at the engineering. The 360 modena spent 2000+ ours in the wind tunnel, which makes it capable of more downforce from the shape of its body than any other ferrari ever produced. Even the winged Ferraris. It is also all aluminum. The engine is only a 3.6 Liter V-8, but it puts out an impressive 420(theres the number :smoker2 bhp. This is my favorite ferrari, even though not exactly traditional being the first ferrari w/o a centered grille.

BTW the slowest Ferrari produced right now is the most expensive ferrari, with the biggest engine. The 456. I prdict that they will completly redo this car in the near future.

Peace
Well that explains it. I am an idiot, not a Modena a Maranello. That guy has a Maranello not a Modena. Thats why I beat him.
Old 11-15-2001, 03:31 PM   #14
hakka
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by Cannabis

...3.6 Liter V-8, but it puts out an impressive 420(theres the number :smoker2: ) bhp...
I thought it made 395hp
Old 11-15-2001, 04:36 PM   #15
Cannabis
AF Regular

Your right, I must be smokin crack again. I think what happened is I read a comparison between the new DB7Vantage, and the 360. The Vantage has 420. Ah well. Polygon. What are you driving to beat a 550, and to what speed?