Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mercury > Sable
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-25-2005, 07:36 PM   #1
falcn63
AF Newbie

problem with climate control 2001 sable

This problem started out of the blue with no warning. The car is equipped with that "automatic climate control". It is now blowing out hot air, I'm guessing at top heater temperature, regardless of where it is set. I does not matter whether the a/c is on or off or where the temperature control is set. The temp. can be set anywhere between 60 deg. and 90 deg. and it does not make any difference. It doesn't matter whether it is just on vent, defrost, or max. a/c.--still hot air. I clamped off the heater hose coming off the engine block, and that makes it cool right down and a/c is cold. So whatever is supposed to be shutting off the hot water to the heater core is not working. My problem is I don't know where to start. I checked to make sure no fuses were blown, but they are all ok. Does anyone know what the components of this system are? Are there sensors or sending units to check? And if so where. I assume there has to be some type of valve on the hot water circuit. Anyone know how I would check it? If anyone can point me in right direction I would appreciate it. Thanks.
falcn63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 03:25 PM   #2
DynoDon
AF Newbie

Re: problem with climate control 2001 sable

There's no valve, just what's called a blend door. I've got the same problem, and will soon be digging into it further.

Pick up an owner's manual from the library for free and take a look at the appropriate section.

From what I've been able to find out you're (we) going to have to take the dash out to fix it...
DynoDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 10:46 AM   #3
x000402
AF Newbie

I'm experiencing the same problem. Have you had the problem fixed yet?
x000402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 11:56 AM   #4
DynoDon
AF Newbie

No I haven't.. Sometimes it starts working on its' own and I kind of forget about it. Wish I could just access the blend door with something to knock it loose... Sooner or later I guess I'll have to get it fixed I guess
DynoDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 02:03 AM   #5
rladue01
AF Newbie

I am having the same issue. Has anyone found the answer??
rladue01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 10:50 AM   #6
98SableGS
AF Newbie

My 98 Sable GS 3.0 V-6 had no heat as well. The engine would come up to temp and the coolant was full and was not leaking. With the engine warm I felt both hoses on the heater core. The hose going in and the hose coming out were both hot, the same temp. I then discovered that the blend switch was only working in the cold position (blue color). This was true for the air cond. and heat. The blend switch door is located next to the floor in the middle. I used a screw driver and some spray to free it and it has worked fine ever since. There was no need on this car to take anything apart. Good luck.
98SableGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:08 PM   #7
kwirob
AF Newbie

hi had this we took out the glove box unpluged a wire bunch and plug back in and it fixed the part cost bout 257.00 from the dealer hopeing not haveing to replace the part it has been bout a month the guy that fixed it said could last or not control box was reset any 1 any more info email kwirob@aol.com you donot have to take out the dash i was quoted 600.00 to pull the dash i ran fast ill tell u
kwirob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 07:14 PM   #8
mugydoo
AF Newbie

This video on Youtube shows how to change the vent door actuator Which is a common problem with the climate control. (96-07 mercury sable) Hope this helps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xK7rP49gfio

mugydoo is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mercury > Sable