Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > MX-5/ Miata
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-19-2005, 07:07 PM   #1
Nevkerr
AF Newbie

Angry Hi ,need help with supercharged mx5

Hi, new to forums so please be gentle with me!
I have fitted a supercharger to my 1.6 eunos (miata) and have been a little disappointed with the performance.
It seems to act like a turbo, slow to pick up (perhaps slower than pre s/c) then at about 5000 rpm it goes nuts, problem is i don't want to rev my car that hard it's 1990 with about 60000 miles on the clock.
Any ideas on how to sort this problem out?
Been suggested that my stock fuel pump may not be up to the job, how can i check or what pump should i fit?
any help greatly appreciated , especially as i'm in the u.k. and there doesn't seem to be many supercharged experts over here.
cheers nev kerr
Nevkerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 11:10 AM   #2
neruos
AF Newbie

Re: Hi ,need help with supercharged mx5

When adding a super/turbo charger, you always have to do other upgrades, due to that that the other systems are not able to coupe with the output and the systems become bottlenecked.

you will need to upgrade the headers, exhaust and mufflers so that the output can be released correctly, this in turn is around 20-30hp gain.

i would upgrade the fuel and water pump, as well as the radiator to a preformance model, you can check this with a dyno test.

you might as well upgrade the electrical and ECU chip while your at it.
neruos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 12:47 PM   #3
keichi
AF Newbie

neruos is right, also do an internal to ur miata. But the good news is the miata comes with an iron block so it won't blow
keichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 04:40 PM   #4
ibrokemymx5
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to ibrokemymx5
I would try underdrive pullies on the waterpump and alternator and ya yer gonna need to open that exhaust up to let all the extra boost flow out. And buy sum kickbutt plug wires. I had lowend probs with my 91 and when I put new plugwires on it was like night a day hope this helps
ibrokemymx5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 10:55 PM   #5
JLB
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevkerr
Hi, new to forums so please be gentle with me!
I have fitted a supercharger to my 1.6 eunos (miata) and have been a little disappointed with the performance.
It seems to act like a turbo, slow to pick up (perhaps slower than pre s/c) then at about 5000 rpm it goes nuts, problem is i don't want to rev my car that hard it's 1990 with about 60000 miles on the clock.
Any ideas on how to sort this problem out?
Been suggested that my stock fuel pump may not be up to the job, how can i check or what pump should i fit?
any help greatly appreciated , especially as i'm in the u.k. and there doesn't seem to be many supercharged experts over here.
cheers nev kerr

What brand of supercharger? Jackson racing?

Your pulley may be slipping, check the tightness.

60,000 miles is nothing. Barely broken in, Drive it like you stole it. It will love you for it.

2300 pounds

Do the math
JLB is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > MX-5/ Miata