Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Probe
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 01:49 PM   #1
mratzlaff
AF Newbie

90 Probe Rear Window Defroster

Mine doesn't work. I have ohm'd out the window and it does have continuity. There is no voltage to the window. The light in the switch on the dash works. The fuse is good. I removed the relay and looked at it - the points inside look like new. What else is there?
mratzlaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 11:43 AM   #2
trackrat
AF Newbie

Re: 90 Probe Rear Window Defroster

There is a Defog C.B. button at the fuse panel. It is a rectanguler button with a little red dot on it. Push the button and make sure it's reset. If that's not the problem then there is a capacitor (C411) at the center of the rear hatch(on the body, not the liftgate) below the latch bar for the liftgate(hatch). Make sure that is good. It is a square silver capacitor. Make sure you have current there when the switch is on.
Also check your Defog (30A) AND Meter (15A) fuses. There are 2 fuses for this operation. The relay may look good but that still could be faulty.
If all of these are good and you still haven't remedied the problem then you are going to have to check for faults or grounds at several locations.

Check the above and let me know. I'll help you where to check for these problems.

Track.
trackrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 01:07 PM   #3
mratzlaff
AF Newbie

Re: 90 Probe Rear Window Defroster

I checked the Circuit Breaker and it was fine. I also checked both the 15A and the 30A fuses and they are good. I have tried to purchase a new Rear Window Relay at the auto parts store and they don't have it. I won't buy an electrical part like that at a wrecking yard, so I am still looking for a replacement relay (although mine looks good). How can I troubleshoot if it is a bad wire? Where do the wires run to the back window?
mratzlaff is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Probe