Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical > Tires and Wheels
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-02-2001, 11:10 PM   #1
skubee
AF Newbie

Unhappy dropping a 92 accord

i have a 92 honda accord with 17" rims. theres a HUGE wheel gap and i think i need to drop the car. i dont want to race this car or anything, i just need to use it as transportation. i need advice on whether to drop it or not? what's the cheapest springs i could buy and still maintain acceptable ride quality? how far should i drop it, 1.5", 2"? would i need a camber kit? would the tires align unevenly? what about shocks? i am fairly new to souping up cars and i need advice. thx. attached is a pic of the car. plz take a look at it and give me a suggestion. LOOK AT THE WHEEL GAP! jeez.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg car1.jpg (40.4 KB, 54 views)
skubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2001, 08:19 AM   #2
DVSNCYNIKL
R.I.P. DAD 3/25/11

Send a message via ICQ to DVSNCYNIKL Send a message via AIM to DVSNCYNIKL Send a message via Yahoo to DVSNCYNIKL
If you are interested, I have a suspension kit that I purchased a while back and never put them on. They are still new and in the box. They are called Bec-Techs. I know, you're probably saying to yourself, "I've never heard of them!" Trust me, these are fully adjustable struts. You would still have to purchase the springs. I never got around to doing it. They can go from 1"-4" drop. It's totally up to you. If you're interested in them, let me know and I will give all the details and info.
Just.....
Old 10-03-2001, 02:21 PM   #3
fernandoleon
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to fernandoleon
i have a 92 accord also and i just bought eibach sportsline springs and KYB gr2 non adjustable shocks. it is a really good set up. the ride height decreased about 1 3/4 inches, and it looks really good. My rims are 15's, so yours will proly look good too. so for springs, thats how i would go. they were 200 for a set of four. I could have done much better on shocks, but i didnt' think adjustability was necessary. almost everyone i talk to likes adjustable much more, however.
fernandoleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2001, 05:39 PM   #4
Dezoris
Mod for life

Send a message via AIM to Dezoris
If you are looking for a cheap fix, then I aggre the Eibcah sportlines are a good choice, i would do shocks at the same time though do to the age of the car.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical > Tires and Wheels