Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Motorbikes
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
WIP - Motorbikes Post topics for any "Works In Progress" motobikes projects in this sub-forum.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 10:25 AM   #1
ace91
AF Regular

yamaha yzr m1 '05(laguna seca)

hi guys,

i had a while thinking which i should make that would be either the nsr '01 west or the m1 laguna seca after completing my repsol '03 nicky hayden's version.

since i first saw the report & the photo gallery at laguna seca '05 as the time is too early in the morning in my country to watch the race live, i love the m1 colour scheme. i may build another one as i'm building it now, which could be maybe next month after finishing this bike but i'm not sure whether my glass shelf would have space or not.

i had this kit for a long time as i'm waiting for rossi's no. to arrive in my place but still nothing from my local post office for 2 weeks.

by the way, where can i buy the crazy modeller m1 '05 pe sets? i don't seem to find it anyway.

wow, seems that i have talked a lot here, i've started the engine already & the pics will be coming soon. now, it will depend whether my things has arrived in post office or not. if my things still does not arrive in a day or two, it'll be colin edwards version that i'll build. otherwise, it'll be rossi's version.

adrian
ace91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 12:24 PM   #2
Pippin1974
AF Regular

Re: yamaha yzr m1 '05(laguna seca)

I love this bike...I'm waiting my kit too!! good luck dude!
Pippin1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 03:45 AM   #3
ace91
AF Regular

hi guys,

i've completed the engine & here are the photos in different angles.

i wanted to paint the frame after completed the engine but looks like i have to put that on hold as the weather ain't suitable for paintwork.

adrian
Old 11-03-2006, 06:02 AM   #4
ace91
AF Regular

i managed to get my hands on rossi's laguna seca decals yesterday. so here is the photo of the handlebar with rossi's trademarks on it.

i will attach the frame to the engine after painting the frame later. somehow, after painting the frame & the handlebar this morning before i went off to work, i realised that i've totally forgotten to paint the airbox. by the time i came back from work, the weather's bad as it rained that time. i have to paint that first thing in the morning before i go to work tomorrow.

i will also be preparing the tail cowl & the exhaust. got myself a little bit busy researhing on the fortuna rc211v '02 & m1 '05. the fortuna m1 '05 seems to have gotten me confused as there are 2 versions which i wasn't aware. i think i better stick to the laguna seca version first before getting to either these 2 or another bike.

adrian
Old 11-04-2006, 11:00 PM   #5
ace91
AF Regular

hi again,

i've just attached the radiator, tail & the exhaust. here are the photos in 2 angles.

for the tail, i've placed putty a few times as i could see some seamlines when i sanded them. i did that a few times till the seamlines can't be seen anymore. when i was painting it, i primed it first then paint it with chrome yellow. i thought it looks nice at first but when i looked at it closely, i still can see a little patch of the grey putty. so i painted again till it's not visible. somehow, when i paint, i didn't notice the bubbles that time & now that it's a little bit visible. how do i avoid the bubbles? as you can see the 2nd photo, i didn't realised there was an airbubble in the near end of the decal & it was too late when i noticed it just now.

as for the exhaust, i did the same as the tail, i putty it a few times till there's no visible seamlines. as i don't have the airspray gun & the machine, i followed the manual using the x-32 acryllic paint.

now i'm running short of ts-29 spray paint. hopefully, when i'm painting the swing arm, i have enough spray for the remaining. otherwise, i have to wait for my parents who would be away to the capital for 2 days from tomorrow for the business trip to get it for me. i would like to go with my parents to get some supplies for myself besides the business trip at the capital but i have to look after my shop.

adrian
Old 11-05-2006, 05:50 AM   #6
Pippin1974
AF Regular

nice job dude.......seems very clean!
Pippin1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 08:36 PM   #7
91p10nizmo
AF Enthusiast

Comming along great, nice detailing.
91p10nizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 09:36 PM   #8
Plasticmodeler702
AF Regular

I love the attention to detail. Those graphics look awsome, and that exhaust adds so much. Greatjob so far.
Plasticmodeler702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 10:48 PM   #9
robrex
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via Skype™ to robrex

It's looking good so far!
The clutch cover looks nice! Did you drill out the holes?

robrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 03:43 AM   #10
ace91
AF Regular

thanks guys, for the comments.

rob : nope, the kit comes with it.

now here are the photos of the bike with swing arm attached in 2 different angles. boy, was i relieved when the ts-29 spray can can spray the whole swing arm.

i wanted to shoot these photos this morning before going off to work but i have to do something before going to work, so i didn't have the time at that time. i've tried to drill the holes on the rear break disc. seeing that tamiya didn't do such a thing, so i tried to make one myself but somehow i think i made a little bit bad as it doesn't look nice on a hole i've made. i drilled the hole by using a pair of tweezers which i use to place decals on & the size ain't big. but it seems that the hole got bigger than i would have thought. my first impression when i used the tweezers that time was it was the right size but i was wrong. looks like i have to leave as it is till i get myself a cm pe sets for the m1 '05 which would add a little realism.

at the time when i wanted to continue building the swing arm, i thought i lost the rear fender since it wasn't on my table. so i looked around for it till i found it among the old newspaper stack which i used for paint base. i didn't notice it since the newspaper was pitch black till i didn't see the rear fender. thank goodness i managed to find it otherwise, my bike will be a waste.

did you people see the top studio m1 upgrade sets in detail & design website? man, it looks so georgeous. it's like it's a real bike if you put it on a road.

i will be working on the front fork & the rear stand. hopefully the weather would be fine tomorrow so that i can paint the front fender

i find the weather is a little bit irony. when i wanted the sun to come up so that i can do some spraywork, the sun doesn't come up but when i don't need the sun, the sun comes up like today over here.

adrian
Old 11-07-2006, 09:00 AM   #11
joelwideqvist
AF Enthusiast

This is looking really good Ace. Keep it comming!
/Joel
Old 11-07-2006, 11:22 AM   #12
ace91
AF Regular

thanks, joel.

here are the photos of the bike without the fairings attached. took me a while to get this done.

boy, i nearly screwed up the front fork part as it was loose. i thought that without the cement, it could stick but i was wrong. i also thought that i have lost a part of the front fork as it came off when i tried to place the brake calipers.

i've also included the steer dampener from the front fork set provided by tamiya.

it's getting late here when i've just completed this part. looks like i have to putty the front fender tomorrow. going to bed soon after this.

adrian
Old 11-07-2006, 10:32 PM   #13
BugZilla
Authorized Vendor

Nice work as usual Adrian. I'm glad I now have some time to catch up on everything you have been working on. Your a modeling fool my friend.

Dave
Old 11-08-2006, 07:09 PM   #14
ace91
AF Regular

hi again,

thanks, dave, for the comment.

well just to tell you the progress so far. the front fender & the bottom fairing is fine. so is the side fairing as i only need to prime them again after getting some excess black on the other parts.

now this is really way beyond my understanding today. i just only prime as usual & paint. the front nose & the seat are ok after the paint but what happened on the fuel tank cover is really something i just don't know what happened. when i came out to check whether the things are dried or not, i noticed there are lots of bubbles which i just don't know what had just happened. i'll be priming again & try to paint again.

any help to get rid of bubbles would be greatly appreciated. i wish i could shoot the photo of the fuel tank cover to show you what i mean but the pic wasn't clear when i shot it just now.

adrian
Old 11-08-2006, 10:44 PM   #15
ace91
AF Regular

hi again

let me just show you a photo of rossi's trademark logos on the front fender & the seat.

i've just sanded the fuel tank cover to scrape off ruined paint & paint again. luckilly it's not bad like what i saw this morning. so far, so good. after this i'll start on the decals.

oh yeah, i'll try to work on the seat pad by using the foam. it looks so plastic to me if i use the plastic seat part provided by the kit. since it's the first time i'm trying to do that, i guess it may take me a few tries to pull a good one.

talking about decals, when i see the decal set, i didn't know that edwards' no. & trademark stick with the yamaha logo on the front & the side of the nose cowl. i guess i have to cut carefully so that i won't ruin the yamaha logos.

adrian

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Motorbikes