Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-30-2003, 11:35 AM   #91
rice killer
AF Newbie

Hey guys Im no expert but I drive a 1994 camaro with a 3.4 and my dad drives a 1997 z28 both cars are pretty quick but niether of us has ever been beaten by any imports or mustangs for your money i can gurantee a camaro z28 can give you more horsepower for your money and a 3.4 wont beat a gt. but a3.8 will guranteed
Old 06-30-2003, 12:51 PM   #92
yojcbeast
AF Newbie

the 5 speed maxima was not quicker in 1990, get your facts straight
Also, a 3.8 camaro will have it's hands full with a mustang gt, trust me, I know
Old 06-30-2003, 01:36 PM   #93
Paonessa
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by yojcbeast
the 5 speed maxima was not quicker in 1990, get your facts straight
Also, a 3.8 camaro will have it's hands full with a mustang gt, trust me, I know
true but they're talking VQ. and in 95(when the VQ came out) the maxima was defintely faster and continued to be so even when ford put that atrocious V8 in the SHO's in 98(i think). so do some research before making snap responses like that
Old 06-30-2003, 02:07 PM   #94
TatII
AF Fanatic

the 90 maxima's ran on the now low tech VG motor not the VQ motor that it currently runs on since 95

Best E.T. 13.559
Best Trap speed 107.62 mph
Old 06-30-2003, 03:09 PM   #95
yojcbeast
AF Newbie

i never mentioned that I gave a flying shit about 1995. I was talking about 1990. An improved v6 SHO would've put the VQ to shame. Period
Old 06-30-2003, 03:15 PM   #96
Melt
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Melt
my slow ass 91 civic pulled about 1 1/2 car legnths on a 96 mustang v6 so dont try to act like these cars are so tight based on the fact that they are domestics.

I respect camaros and mustangs and think they are cool so dont go callin me a domestic hater, or a ricer, or any of that kind of shit ... but in my opinion anyone who buys the v6 camaro or mustang is lame.
Old 06-30-2003, 06:39 PM   #97
Paonessa
AF Fanatic

Quote:
i never mentioned that I gave a flying shit about 1995. I was talking about 1990. An improved v6 SHO would've put the VQ to shame. Period
well that's when the Vq came out asshole, and thats what the nissan comparo in this thread is about, the fuckin' VQ. which'll tear a new asshole in a yamaha powered SHO anyday. the whole point is that Ford didn't even make that engine so who cares, its just another point in favor of our argument, that ford's v6's suck ass.
Old 06-30-2003, 06:41 PM   #98
Your Guide
AF Newbie

i have a 96 maxima se auto and an 01 5 speed mustang 3.8 beat me by slightly more than a car length.

about a week later i ran into him with my dads 6 speed g35 coupe. there was no contest.
Old 06-30-2003, 10:50 PM   #99
TatII
AF Fanatic

Quote:
i guess you have a hard time reading letters

VG does not = VQ. understand? G and Q . two totally different letters and 2 totally different engines. your talkin about a 90 max. well a 90-94 max has a VG you see the letter G? now from 95 to present. the maxima's have a VQ. you see the letter Q? good. now thats the motor that everyone was talkin about. you mean to tell me that a motor taht is near perfect is goin to be beaten by a 9 year old yamaha motor? nissan has been developin this motor for who knows how long? nissan has a very long list of very rugged, power and realiable motors.

RB series= skyline straight 6 that can handle 600-800l hp stock
SR series= most overly built 140hp 4 cylinder engines that can handle 400 horsepower stock
VQ series= nissans most popular motor here in stateside that has won the 10 best V6 engines for almost 10 years straight.
VH= the twin turbo V8 found on the legendary nissan R390 road car.

its a proven fact that nissan makes damn good engines, and they have been doin that since the 60's with the original 240Z, the datsun 510 ( which was beatin Bimmers in road racing at the time) and the original skyline 2000GT-R from the 60's that was beatin porsches around the track ) nissan has a very very strong racing heritage.

Best E.T. 13.559
Best Trap speed 107.62 mph
Old 07-05-2003, 12:53 AM   #100
dragon459
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to dragon459
Wow , this thread should be renamed Ford VS GM VS Nissan. I just wanted to make a comment on the 3.8L series 2 motor from GM. I own a car with this motor and it has not had a problem for over 5 years. As a matter of fact it was on Ward's list for many years. As far as the mustang and camaro comparison goes , auto for auto, i have seen the camaro win more races. As for the manual vs manual comparison , i haven't seen that happen yet. I think it would be more up to the drivers ability. Just my two cents
Old 07-05-2003, 07:27 AM   #101
PWMAN
AF Enthusiast

It's a driver's race, plain and simple.
Anybody that just says otherwise is a biased opinion toward ford or chevy, my opinion isn't biased because I like Mopar the most.
Old 07-05-2003, 04:25 PM   #102
kriz_k
AF Newbie

v 6 camaros, mustangs and firebirds are camaro mustang firebird wannabeez
my body had a 96 mustang V6 and i smoked him with my old 90 GP STE
he sold it and bought an A4 1.8T
Old 07-05-2003, 05:55 PM   #103
PWMAN
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by kriz_k
v 6 camaros, mustangs and firebirds are camaro mustang firebird wannabeez
Well that my personal opinion too, but I didn't want to bash anybody.
Old 07-08-2003, 11:17 PM   #104
fordjay16
AF Enthusiast

i too am a ford and mustang guy but probably the camaro. the chevy 3.8 gets about ten more hp but i'm not sure on the weights.
Old 07-25-2003, 02:42 PM   #105
StangerD
AF Newbie

Exclamation

Could we just quit all this bickering? Anyone with any common sense and any experience in life knows that Ford and Chevy both make good cars. Whether the car goes 300 k miles or 100k miles before needing repairs or replacements pretty much depend on the driver. If a person is a good steward of the particular car he is blessed with, keeps the fluids changed regularly, tires, tune-ups, etc. then the car will last. Anybody can mod a car to be faster than any other. But is it worth it? I own a mustang. At one time, a camaro beat my mustang. At one time a maxima beat my mustang (that was when it was on blocks). Nissan makes an excellent engine. Who the hell are we to defend any particular motor company like it was our own? You didn't build that engine. I didn't build it. Good grief people. Take care of your car and it will perform. Nobody is a loser for buying any particular V6. They bought it because they like the car. So get off it. Shut up and sit down. You want to mod your car to where you can blow everyone else away? Go right ahead. But, what's your gain? Hit a ditch at 135 mph and see what happens. Nice results... if your job security is that people wreck their cars because of a need for speed. Just grow up people. The 3 companies talked about here make good quality vehicles. I like my mustang. It was kicking strong with 160k miles on it. I've beaten Maximas and Camaros. Camaros and Maximas have beaten me. It depends alot on the driver also. Say I come up on a Camaro SS with a 16 year old driving. I'm in a 3.8 v6 mustang conv. The dude doesn't know how to shift quickly. I beat him with six cylinders pumping and exhausting flowing through a single factory muffler and pipe. People just drive and feel lucky that you have your eyes and arms and feet that you're able to. OOKay????

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons