Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > IS200/IS300/IS350/Altezza
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-25-2001, 04:13 PM   #31
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

M3 fighter? ya right!! they don't actually think they're competing with the M3... i'm pretty sure it's just competing with the 330i... since it's got close specs and close price

how would it compete with an M3? they'd have to make a tuned IS300.... does lexus even have a tuner? like AMG and ///M?
"Your ice don't shine an your chain hollow/ why you front in clubs for hours wit tha same bottle/ takin midget sips/ I run wit the richest clicks/ Tap the thickest chicks/ plus drop the slickest hits/ you know nothin about L/ so don't doubt L/ what's this muthafuckin rap game wit out L/ Yo that's like jewels wit out ice/ that's like china wit out rice/ or the holy bible wit out christ/ tha bulls wit out mike/ crack heads wit out pipes/ or hockey games wit out fights/ don't touch the mic if you aint able to spit/ flamboyant is tha label i'm wit.. muthafucka.... Big L"
gang$tarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2001, 04:21 PM   #32
Jay!
Horizontally Opposed

Send a message via AIM to Jay! Send a message via Yahoo to Jay!
Quote:
Originally posted by gang$tarr
how would it compete with an M3? they'd have to make a tuned IS300.... does lexus even have a tuner? like AMG and ///M?
TRD - Toyota Racing Development
Tom's
HKS
(etc... remember it's a JDM car, too)
Jay! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2001, 04:44 PM   #33
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

there should be a Lexus ///M300 that'd be cool
"Your ice don't shine an your chain hollow/ why you front in clubs for hours wit tha same bottle/ takin midget sips/ I run wit the richest clicks/ Tap the thickest chicks/ plus drop the slickest hits/ you know nothin about L/ so don't doubt L/ what's this muthafuckin rap game wit out L/ Yo that's like jewels wit out ice/ that's like china wit out rice/ or the holy bible wit out christ/ tha bulls wit out mike/ crack heads wit out pipes/ or hockey games wit out fights/ don't touch the mic if you aint able to spit/ flamboyant is tha label i'm wit.. muthafucka.... Big L"
Old 08-26-2001, 06:47 PM   #34
F20C
AF Enthusiast

The M3 fighter was call IS360 I remember. It feature some of Toyota's latest techonology. Lexus cars can be equiped with Toyota's in house TRD parts.
F20C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2001, 06:52 PM   #35
Jay!
Horizontally Opposed

Quote:
Originally posted by F20C
The M3 fighter was call IS360 I remember. It feature some of Toyota's latest techonology. Lexus cars can be equiped with Toyota's in house TRD parts.
True, but they're still working on it. TRD and Kazuma parts are available through American Toyota dealerships now, but it's not the full range that's available in Japan. Lexus offers "L Tuned" parts, but so far they only have goodies for the GS. I expect them to come out with parts for the IS and SC sooner or later, but until then, you better keep friendly with your contacts in Japan.

BTW, I'd love to see/read more about the IS360, if you can point me to any links...
Old 08-28-2001, 09:15 PM   #36
F20C
AF Enthusiast

TRD have supercharger kits for a lot of applications. I remember TRD president was quote of saying he was interested in seeing a turbocharger kit for IS300. Anyway I lost the IS360 link. It was supposing come equiped with Toyota's latest Twin VVTL-i. Also the technology that reduce the amount of power loss from flywheel to the wheels. It made it less than 10% instead of the average 15-20%.
F20C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2001, 05:06 PM   #37
Chris
Oldie

Send a message via AIM to Chris Send a message via MSN to Chris
Toyota could do anything if they put their mind to it!
A 3.6 Litre I-6, at, say, 8000rpm, and 350+hp would be good. A light flywheel and driveline with very low friction so it wouldnt lose a lot of power would be good.

PS they should start showing hp as rear wheel hp, it is much more accurate (they already went from gross to net in 72', and that is a 1/3 difference down in power).
Old 09-02-2001, 10:30 PM   #38
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

yeah i agree about makin it rwhp.... cause that way you know for sure how much of your power is gettin to the ground
Old 09-02-2001, 10:31 PM   #39
Jay!
Horizontally Opposed

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris
PS they should start showing hp as rear wheel hp, it is much more accurate (they already went from gross to net in 72', and that is a 1/3 difference down in power).
AMEN!!!
Old 12-06-2001, 06:23 PM   #40
Raveen69
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Raveen69
Quote:
Originally posted by enzo@af
It's essentially the same car as the Lexus IS series, but it didn't come to the states.

----------
"Ferrari isn't a car, it's a lifestyle"
-Enzo Ferrari.
The Altezza is the Jap Version of the IS300.

It will never come to the states as an altezza, it's here as the IS.

Personally, i dont care which version comes to the US, they both look phat.
Old 12-07-2001, 04:56 PM   #41
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Raveen69

The Altezza is the Jap Version of the IS300.

It will never come to the states as an altezza, it's here as the IS.

Personally, i dont care which version comes to the US, they both look phat.

that's what he meant
Old 01-06-2002, 08:24 AM   #42
skylinegtr
AF Newbie

i love the altezza especially the back lights now they look nice.
skylinegtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2002, 12:49 AM   #43
fortyoz2eric
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to fortyoz2eric
i thought the m3 fighter is the is430? i never heard of an is360
Old 01-15-2002, 02:47 PM   #44
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by fortyoz2eric
i thought the m3 fighter is the is430? i never heard of an is360
it is the is430
i guess the it was the is360 before?

yeah the IS430 has almost 400hp too
Old 01-16-2002, 05:13 PM   #45
border_project
AF Enthusiast

i remember a couple years ago when toyota japan introduced the altezza. a couple month later toyota made limited edition altezza. i think they only made a couple hundred. it was called Altezza T280. it was slightly tuned with turbocharged 180 horsepower. it still cant compete with a m3, but for an altezza it is a very fast production car.

if you want it to be a m3 fighter. then just tune it more. more boost in turbo, better exhaust. everything. its really easy if you have a turbocharger.
border_project is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > IS200/IS300/IS350/Altezza