Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Hyundai > Tiburon | Tuscani
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-20-2003, 02:52 PM   #91
C32Bperformance
AF Enthusiast

And a side note, every co also has highs and lows.

A new Tib V6 will deliver a particular driver a better time than a new Si.
(last weekend i watched a guy struggle to pull high 16s... bad driver but same stands...)

I am very disappointed with the 02 Civic Si, and i doubt im alone, including honda enthusiasts. It would have been a very nice Si if it had at LEAST as much hp as the old GSR teg... considering the continuous variable intake timing and extra displacement... dump the EX civic vtec for the rsx-s and/or B series vtec, just push like 7300 rpms, wouldda been nice.

Oh well, rumors have it the Civic Type-R is on its way. Ill take 200hp for 20Gs. Screw the Si.
Old 04-20-2003, 05:10 PM   #92
Jaws1
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by C32Bperformance
Hopefully, people choose a car by preference on just about any feature.

It could be on how the motor is engineered or to even how the cup holders hug (god forbid), but its not because the particular make is better.

I enjoy all kinds of tuning and performance, not just hondas, not even just imports. Show me anything from a nice M3 to a Camaro SS to a 350Z. Every make has something to offer.

You can argue that one car is better than another all day long, its easy. A Corvette is better than a Geo. But when you finally exhaust every point of information on a manufacturers involvement in its many markets of venue, how the motors are aimed and designed, the groups of buyers they're marketed too, and even what kinds of Leagues they devoted R&D to, the arguement is lost. Then consider the experience each co. has and its lost even farther.

I chose honda because im familiar with the motors, I enjoy the way they went about extracting power, the sound of the motors, the way many of them look, and the list goes on. But on nowhere in that list do I say, because hondas rule over all. I can say however that I enjoy hondas better than any other make, and this is the reason I own one. Otherwise, whats the sense in dishin cash on something you just sorta like.

So hopefully you people in here that said one make is better than another used the term loosely, roughly meaning "more entertaining to me." In that case, I thought so.

My six shillings.

I totally agree with you. Well said!
Old 04-21-2003, 06:52 AM   #93
kaoru-tochiro
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by TibOwner

kaoru-tochiro....your OPINIONS are as bad as your spelling. Try Hooked On Phonics, learn how to read and write, and then go study up some REAL info before spewing the BS you're posting.
I drive a BMW 850csi, and it has a V12 engine. Now, look at what you're driving, to me you're as inferior and insignificant as those bugs that splatter on my windshield. And you thought you were qualifyed to make fun of me?

What!? do you Hyunday people buy those cars cause you love them so much? or because you're all a bunch of poor, mediocre individuals that couldn't tell the difference between a real sports car and a metal box with wheels.
Old 04-21-2003, 08:15 AM   #94
TibOwner
AF Newbie

If you really do drive that car, then please explain how someone who's so uneducated and can't spell for crap was able to acquire it. You say I'm inferior to you? Well guess what? You mean nothing to me either because to me...you're just another closed minded fool that acts no better than any other Honda owner, or Toyota owner, or Acura owner or who ever that think they are the best.

Hyundai's owners DON'T think they are the best because we had to climb the ranks to get noticed, just like any other import manufacturer. Now that Hyundai is on it's own, building their own things, we have proven ourselves time after time to have overall better reliability than alot of other manufacturers. Doesn't mean we're the best, doesn't mean we're the worst. Just means that we've done a good job on making some decent vehicles, and not only are sales figures showing that, but it's also starting to show in the Sport Compact Tuning society.

People like you who are closed minded and can't see the light at the end of the tunnel are dinosaurs. You're a dying breed, and the only thin you have in which you think makes you look good is the fact that you can bring up the OLD reputation that certain cars used to have. But here's the thing...just like your culture...your points are old, and lame and have no meaning anymore. So give it up, go educate yourself, learn to see that there are things in this world other than what you're seeing, and then come back when you have a valid point. But until then.... :finger:
Old 04-21-2003, 04:21 PM   #95
Jaws1
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by kaoru-tochiro

I drive a BMW 850csi, and it has a V12 engine. Now, look at what you're driving, to me you're as inferior and insignificant as those bugs that splatter on my windshield. And you thought you were qualifyed to make fun of me?

What!? do you Hyunday people buy those cars cause you love them so much? or because you're all a bunch of poor, mediocre individuals that couldn't tell the difference between a real sports car and a metal box with wheels.
[quote]I drive a BMW 850csi, and it has a V12 engine. Now, look at what you're driving, to me you're as inferior and insignificant as those bugs that splatter on my windshield. And you thought you were qualifyed to make fun of me?

Maybe you should have spend some of that money on spelling lessons instead. Its sad really. Actually it's pretty pathetic. So you have a BMW 850csi. I hope you are setting down for this. I don't like Euro Imports I only follow Asian Imports. So by you having a bimmer. Yawn . If you said you had a Skyline GTR. or a twin turbo Supra or RX-7, then I might have raised an eyebrow or two. Qualified to make fun of you? There's an old saying. people who have to brag about what they have or are, really are insecure about themselves. If you bought your bimmer just so you can feel superior to others, the joke is really on you. What does that say about you? Were you picked on as a child? Is this you way of inacting revenge, like look at me now? You might want to see a strink, the money you spent on your bimmer could have been put to better use like theorpy.
Heres a side note. Most people on this site have civics, tiburon, integras, cougars, focuses, neon etc. This cars are what we call SPORTS COMPACTS!! Theyare diffrent from a 850csi, Mustang, Corvette, Trans AM, etc. Those are SPORTS CARS. We are Sports Compact tuners, which means we are intrested in tuning Sports Compact and not Sport Cars. Get the point. ANY TUNER can tune there rides to beat your 850. That is another reason why we have compacts. We can buy a car for a fraction of what you spent, put a little less than a fraction in tuning it and systemactically wipe the floor with your 850 or any other sports car. So I guess what I am saying after all that I wrote is

NOT IMPRESSED!!

Now go back to you bimmer and say to everyone "Look at me, Look at me"I am better than you, because when it is all said and done I have an overpriced boxy shaped metal thing on wheels and you don't.:smoka:
Old 04-25-2003, 09:38 AM   #96
kaoru-tochiro
Banned

Hey, relax fellas, I don't have a BMW. I was just trying to see if it was true what I hear about Hyundai drivers, but from reading your posts those nay sayers have been proven wrong.
I actually like the Tiburon, it just looks cool, too bad its front drive though.:smoka:
Old 04-25-2003, 06:38 PM   #97
2strokebloke
In Stereo where available

In any case I'd rather have a hyundai over a BMW, at least it won't break down as much.

Support America's dependence on foreign oil - drive an SUV!
"At Ford, job number one is quality. Job number two is making your car explode." - Norm McDonald.
If you find my signature offensive - feel free to get a sense of humor.
Old 04-26-2003, 01:34 PM   #98
kaoru-tochiro
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by 2strokebloke
In any case I'd rather have a hyundai over a BMW, at least it won't break down as much.
that's cause you're poor.
Old 05-13-2003, 08:48 PM   #99
gigatron
Banned

Ok I stopped on the first page I will keep reading lol, but anyways, hi redrum (liveforspeed redrum? its gig! hehe), I don't own a hyundai and I must say old hyundais, daewoos (heh ooh wow i havent seen these in north america yet) were poop and perhaps still poop but definetely improving and you know I wouldn't mind getting the I4 tiburon, i mean what the hell why not Looks kinda secksi and has tuning potential. Oh and KIAs are laughable heh, but hey they are not sport super cars mostly cheap family cars with the exception of tiburons which are boyracers, im 18 and u know i wouldnt mind having one, still out of my budget lol damn schooling+no time for a job... well good job not mc hahaha eew fast food.......!

I am not too sure about the eclipse comment though Faster then an eclipse? hmm.. mayvbe the 03, the 03 SUX! The 1G and 2G DSMs are legendary and in my opinion with enough cash spent poor man's ferraris! I got to this thread from the racing>street racing section.. some guy attempting to brag how he beat a tiburon but then.. well it was lots of bullshit lol, I am interested in learning more about tiburons so please if you have any links (non exagerated values, real values, the canadian hyundai site doesnt post specs or something even) please head them this way, I've been spending last two years researching cars its paying off useful knowledge i suppose heh, personal hobby i suppose.

What was I to say.. oh yes, don't bash any car company from wherever it is.. in fact the only car companies that deserve bashing are american car companies because they are the ones encouraging the bashing :P Piece of shit fords suck, in fact american cars really suck lol priding themselves in high end design and quality.. ya right they are just priced them same or more but made out of cheaper and cheaper materials, i remember reading something about car companies on purpose planning to use materials that disentigrate really really fast and brake so to encourage the economy .. pure capitalist heaven... yet they are the ones mostly bashing european and asian cars its sad :P

There are nice and crappy cars in the US, Europe and Asia... Stop insulting a car because its NOT a honda or NOT a ford... :/ Sounds like some uneducated idiots in a high school arguing.. i can see the arguments right in front of me now. "IF ITS NOT A HONDA IT SUX MAN IT SUX! FUCK YOU!" lol... when I mentioned to a friend that I was interested in buying a 1G Eagle Talon TSI AWD Turbo car he stopped talking to me because it wasn't a honda.. lol only way to regain his 'friendship' is by getting a honda or something hehe... sad little man :P Also Toyotas are sweet cars, hondas are pretty cool (i don't like the fact that its a FWD car despite it being capable of pumping power what's the use if so much energy is lost...), I love all sorts of cars and I wish not to be biased but some are better then others. Hyundais have peaked my interest despite knowing what kind of poopy cars they were and if someone heard the name hyunda they'd immediately crack some pointless joke. Oh and another thing.. a few other cases of people bashing Jap cars for example, this kid at my school was all over some Infiniti model.. but hated Nissans.. when I told him who was behind Infiniti he insulted me. Same goes for Lexus cars (same guy lol) but he hated Toyotas.. OH and Honda = Acura

One last note, my paps when he was younger used to tune cars as a hobby. First we had a volvo 360glt -- probably something neither north americans or asians heard about) it looks like an econobox in some ways but it was actually quite successful in rallies, championships and things like that at the time sure tuned but hey..anywho my paps made it run 0-60 in <6sec it was this was 92' (stock 10s this is early 80s) and all this on a low budget. Later got a BMW 323i and it was NA but lots and lots and lots of internal engine work. Anywho now that I look back I am thinking hmm those crappy cars? But damn they were mean :/ My paps was unbeatable and I know this lol.. i remember a rich neighbour of ours always had these expensive cars, he had a tuned 280zx by the way, he was always like "HOW DO YOU BEAT ME WITH THAT!" lol... shit I remember the thrill of him driving 180-220KM/h when I was even <10 lol.. the thing is thats not gona happen in north america :P This was back in north africa, libya, the roads are built by germans and better then the autobahn in germany, higher qual because of necessaity (harder weather conditions, therefore higher qual roads). It was glass like a race track So uhm.. that sorta worked out that way lol... someone was bashing the volvo 360glt few days ago but probably never even saw one.. I just kinda saw a correlation between this topic and that one heh. Oh and we were in a crash 100+ on the side and u know my glass never even broke it just was bent somehow o_O not shattered. The volvo had double piping or whatever thats correctly called in the doors. We didnt even have airbags :P We survived Did the car survive? yes... but my paps just bought a new one and transfered the modified parts over, would ev been more expensive to fix up. Oh and hondas reliable? Hmm.. did honda say that? Same goes for ford, in commercials they claim all these things "as good as a BMW", "safer then a volvo" lol.... Volvo I don't know how it is now.. it was way ahead of the game in safety back in the day for sure.. sad thing is ford bought them out.. can only mean trouble

Oh and I can name names of cars its just imature though.. Craparo/Slowmaro (Camaro), Ricestang/Rustang (Mustang), Goindown/Slowndown (honda), Slowmow(Volvo), Pisson (Nissan), KIA=killed in acceleration, so on and so forth. Ford = fucked over real driving. blabla dumb and imature :/ Point is stop bashing each other.. sheesh this is suppose to be a car enthusiast forum! I am not a hyundai owner but I am outraged and the attitude of this :/ People bash european cars just because they are not american or japanese, people bash american cars because they are not technologically advanced and american companies just know how to buy out other companies not build car themselves, know how to earn money and not build cars, people bash japanese cars just because they are japanaese (racist assholes), and because they have low displacment and are smaller :/

Don't forget to give me some hyundai links please I'm interested in Hyundais I wish to learn more about them. Sorry for writing so much I get carried away

And price is a factor.. I mean cmon... if I had the money id just get myself a mclaren f1 :/ screw all of you lol.. ah well Lots of bias without real truth

Last edited by gigatron; 05-13-2003 at 09:31 PM.
Old 05-19-2003, 05:53 PM   #100
udontknow
AF Newbie

You're obviously confused....the new Tiburon GT V6 is solid. I've driven its' competitors and there is no question it exceeds these cars in many catagories. Perhaps you have some other issue with this car. None of the things you stated are true!!!!

Just wanted to let eveyone know how wrong your remarks are and let them decide for themselves. I'm confident your opinion will be your own.
Old 05-19-2003, 07:08 PM   #101
gigatron
Banned

No one has answered my question yet Any tiburon tuning sites out there? Tiburon information sites. etc.. cmon :P
Old 05-20-2003, 12:08 AM   #102
Akisan2
AF Regular

I'd say hyundai has made some good progress and they do FINALLY make some decent RELIABLE cars. ANY cars can be made into 11-12 sec cars with aftermarket parts and hyundai is definitely capable of that. As stock to stock, they do use cheap matrials to build the cars so the general ride comfort is not as good as other cars, like BMW...I dun even know why some are comparing it like this...it's like comparing civic to bmw300 series

Following is my opinion and I am not forcing it on anyone...

I personally HATE hyundai to death, but I do acknowledge that they do make a dcent car. My props to them. BUT please don't comfuse it to that fact it's a economical cars. The powerplant on that hyundai is ....not sufficient. It's not the best v6 we've seen....actually one of the worst not to mention that hyundai has lied about it's lack of truth in what power it produces. I'd be kinda mad if I was the owner of the new tib and it being compared to 4-bangers on car magazine against si and svt focus.

I'd never buy hyundai. I'd rather get a bus pass or ride a bike so I can save money before I buy any hyundai cars, or any korean cars. but I don't want to be ignorant and I do awknowledge that they do make some decent cars NOW. Also give them props for world rallys. They do very well, but that's another ballgame on field within cars.

And one quick thought on hyundai coming onto the import scene:

When is hyundai going to make a STOCK RWD or AWD drive cars that produces 250WHP or more? When are they going to have a STOCK high 13 low 14 car with the same reliability?

Sure aftermarket parts cab make cars fast, but to get the respect, you gotta be on the top of the field on many field. They have so far getting a good feel on the semi-sports/economical cars, so lets see what they can do now. When they make cars comparable to that of other car company's flagship cars, then I might give it a different respect. Why do you think honda , nissan, toyota, bmw, mercedes...all of them have respect cause they have made a mark on this business with their own unique cars.

So lets see what hyundai can do coming years. It's their chance to show the non-believers, or they can humiliate themselves if they don't take this chance.

So i'll be patient and try not to be a hater.
Old 05-20-2003, 03:25 AM   #103
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

Send a message via ICQ to Jimster Send a message via AIM to Jimster Send a message via Yahoo to Jimster
Quote:

that's cause you're poor.

2007 Audi A4 3.0 TDI Le Mans
Old 05-20-2003, 03:54 AM   #104
Akisan2
AF Regular

Quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

that's cause you're poor

heh, it's all what u see. If you had 50k$ would you buy hyundai? Some would, but I'd never do that. Some people like to float on their own water and that's cool. BUT don't be so defensive when people are critical on ur decision cause that's really not too normal. On the other hand, those people should just shut up cause that's their own business.

so unless you feel like being a immature schmuck, please keep comments like that to yourself...

oh, there are some hyundai forums, but I am not impressed. I just don't understand why hyundai people in general bash on honda. I totally understand honda-ricer bashing, but honda in general is an amazing innovating company.
Old 05-20-2003, 09:55 AM   #105
likemytib03
AF Newbie

Talking My Tib don't suck!

Sorry u feel that way but for one my tib has not a done anything that you say they do. For two like everyone else said it's your opinion not everyone's.
There are a lot of cars out there that do suck but who cares don't buy it.
And by the way my Tib done just fine in the snow!!!
Have A Nice Day.

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Hyundai > Tiburon | Tuscani