Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Motorsports
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
WIP - Motorsports Post topics for any "Work In Process" motorsports vehicles in this sub-forum.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 04:40 AM   #61
Captain Mark
AF Enthusiast

Re: F1 - STUDIO27 BAR 006 (1/20) - Progress Pics

Hi guys - thanks for the positive words! My progress is coming along nicely still, and I'll aim to get some more outside shots done this weekend.

Manu: yes, they're all decals. Very fiddly, and due to the complexity each single decal is taking me an average of about an hour to apply and set in place with MicroSol.
Old 08-08-2006, 10:03 AM   #62
CeeElle
AF Regular

very impressive work! and i'm glad to see i'm not the only one taking months and months to complete a kit!
CeeElle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 08:30 AM   #63
porschenut
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to porschenut

Looking Excellent
Euan
Old 08-09-2006, 10:11 AM   #64
JTRACING
J.E.T.

Fantastic!!!
JTRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 08:23 PM   #65
Captain Mark
AF Enthusiast

Update time.
I've put on a whole host of new decals, and it always amazes me how putting decals on a race car kit really makes it come alive. The photos just don't do it justice.

The pics were taken in direct sunlight, which was perhaps a wrong decision given the glare that came off the shiney white paintwork. Next time I'll do it outdoors but in the shade.

I just love the BAR livery...

How cool does the curve on the nose look... and you can also get a good view of all the complex aero parts on the rear of the cowling (with still more to go on yet!). It wasn't too bad putting it all together, the main issue I think was simply fitting the white metal parts flush with the main resin body. I never quite got there, but I'm very close.

Another shot showing the RedFive seatbelts in place.

You can actually see the photoetch radiators from a different angle other than looking from the front down the sidepod in takes... cool.

As I think I mentioned earlier, the center red section around the cockpit is made up of a jigsaw of decals. There's probably about 25 red ones on there of various shapes and sizes. It's still not quite finished, but I'm 90% there.

And that's it for now my friends.
I have to repaint the front suspension over the nex week, and as soon as that's done I'll have all the wheels and front wing on, and then it's just the rear wing and few aero parts for the finish!

Cheers all,
Mark
Old 08-12-2006, 01:56 AM   #66
robrex
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via Skype™ to robrex

Cool!
I can't wait to see it on Monday!!!!

robrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 04:51 AM   #67
billypee
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to billypee

Nice work. I haven't seen this thread before so just been going through it with interest. I have never attempted a resin kit and haven't got on in my to-do pile. However, after Jenson's victory I must confess that I was straight on the web looking for a model. :-) I think I will stick to Tamiya for the timebeing as I prefer my modelling to be therapuetic and relaxing.

All the best,
BillyPee

Completed WIPs:

Completed Models Gallery:
billypee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 03:12 PM   #68
WasteGas
AF Regular

Looks like it's the home stretch! Can't wait to see the final product. Keep up the awesome work!
WasteGas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 04:09 PM   #69
f1wc
AF Regular

Great build, probably the best looking BAR (now Honda) car, but the front wing supports are too long, don't you think?
f1wc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 06:00 PM   #70
Shunter
AF Enthusiast

Very nice work Mark. I like the idea of bluetak as a masking line. I hate getting tape around curves so i shall try this on a project i have going.
Cheers,
Shayne
Shunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 11:42 PM   #71
Captain Mark
AF Enthusiast

Update time again...

There's nine pics in this one... I just couldn't decide what to cut out, so I shrunk all of them down to smaller than normal, and brought down the quality a little too. So it shouldn't take too long for you to download and view. Still, if there's too many for you all let me know and I'll force myself to reduce the number of pics I show.

By the way, let me know what you think of the overall picture quality. I've been experimenting with a few things so hopefuly I can bring you all better pictures from now on.

On with it...
Decals are 99% done on the body, and only patch-up work remains. The front suspension is also complete, plus some of the aero work on the nose which you'll see. I won't be detailing the brakes anymore than what you see, as I won't be displaying them.

Some closer shots of the suspension and brakes, and you'll also see some of the aero 'bits' nestled in between it all...

Next up is installing the wheels and the front wing, and being the picture-junkie that I am I'll probably post a few picso of that too.

Billypee: please don't let my build deter you. I had a few paint and fit issues which really challenged me at times, but that's not necessarily going to be the case with all multi-media kits. Plus I'm really pushing my skills on this build as well, it was perhaps a bit early for me to be tackling resin. I guess that's why it's been a 20 month project! BUT, this is now my best ever build, and I'm far more than happy with it!

f1wc: I agree, the front wing supports are too long. I've not altered them though, and I'm not too fussed on this particular build as long as the wing doesn't touch the ground.

Shunter: get a bit of practise using bluetac on something that's not critical first. It takes some patience and sometimes a few goes to get right.

Cheers all!
M
Old 08-20-2006, 12:19 AM   #72
deltableh
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to deltableh Send a message via AIM to deltableh Send a message via MSN to deltableh Send a message via Yahoo to deltableh Send a message via Skype™ to deltableh

Wow man, that looks incredible! Great job!
Old 08-20-2006, 05:38 AM   #73
billypee
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to billypee

Hi Captain M,

Quote:
please don't let my build deter you
Don't worry, it hasn't detered me long term, but I think I will practice my skills on my existing unbuilt models rather than dashing out and getting a resin kit. Thanks for the encouragement anyway!

Billypee

Completed WIPs:

Completed Models Gallery:
billypee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 06:55 AM   #74
Decs0105
AF Enthusiast

I can only repeat what the others said, it looks amazing!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Mark
Update time again...

There's nine pics in this one... I just couldn't decide what to cut out, so I shrunk all of them down to smaller than normal, and brought down the quality a little too. So it shouldn't take too long for you to download and view. Still, if there's too many for you all let me know and I'll force myself to reduce the number of pics I show.

By the way, let me know what you think of the overall picture quality. I've been experimenting with a few things so hopefuly I can bring you all better pictures from now on.
I for one want as many pictures as possible (and in this case bigger is better ) The last pictures with the white background look good, but maybe the lightning could be a bit better (brighter). But don't worry taking pictures is really tricky, I have the same problems all the time
Decs0105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 07:10 AM   #75
Gamerxz
AF Enthusiast

wow! looks very very good!
Gamerxz is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Motorsports