Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-19-2004, 03:51 AM   #1
Balistic
AF Newbie

Viper RT10 vs Toyota Supra TT

Ok heres whats going on. My buddy Brian has a RT10, and he is always being cocky about it. So I got angry and ask him if he would race. Ofcourse he is going to except the challenge, but I think I might of gone a little over my head on this one. I have a 1994 Toyota supra TT with the T78 conversion, Greddy front mount intercooler, Trenjo prototype Injectors, fuel regulator, Trenjo cams, Trenjo flywheel, Trenjo custom pistons, Zex 70 shot wet nitrous system and some other small mods. I am only pulling 516 hp on the dyno with 496 ft lbs of torque. I have 2 weeks before we go to Clems 1/4 track, and I don't want to loose. I have never ran this car on the 1/4 only the 1/8. Any ideas on what I can do? and how do you think the out come of this race is going to be.

( Haven't got to use the nitrous on the dyno yet )
Old 01-19-2004, 09:54 AM   #2
TatII
AF Fanatic

if he has a R/T10 that is stock, you'll kill him. they only made 450 crank hp. you are putting down over 500whp with the bottle off. which translates to around 600 crank hp. you two weight about the same. plus you have a T78. in the 1/8 mile track you should suck, since there is heavy turbo lag. in the 1/4 mile you should acelerate much harder on the second half since you have such a large turbo. since you got a nitrious set up, spray in the begining of second gear after the shift to get the turbo spooling faster after the shift. don't spray on first because then traction will be an issue. but trust me, if your car is driven right, and he is stock, he has no chance. you are easily an 11 second car. keep me posted on how you would do.

Best E.T. 13.559
Best Trap speed 107.62 mph
Old 01-19-2004, 12:08 PM   #3
Polygon
The Red Baron

Send a message via MSN to Polygon Send a message via Skype™ to Polygon
Re: Viper RT10 vs Toyota Supra TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TatII
if he has a R/T10 that is stock, you'll kill him. they only made 450 crank hp. you are putting down over 500whp with the bottle off. which translates to around 600 crank hp. you two weight about the same. plus you have a T78. in the 1/8 mile track you should suck, since there is heavy turbo lag. in the 1/4 mile you should acelerate much harder on the second half since you have such a large turbo. since you got a nitrious set up, spray in the begining of second gear after the shift to get the turbo spooling faster after the shift. don't spray on first because then traction will be an issue. but trust me, if your car is driven right, and he is stock, he has no chance. you are easily an 11 second car. keep me posted on how you would do.
Old 01-19-2004, 02:44 PM   #4
Mr Payne
AF Enthusiast

You know enough about cars to have a T78 Supra......and you listed your significant parts.....but then you don't know the specs of a Viper? Seems trollish to me.
Old 01-19-2004, 03:45 PM   #5
YogsVR4
Funding the welfare state

Send a message via AIM to YogsVR4
I'm thinking troll. There's no way you understand all the mods you listed and not know if you can take a stock rt/10.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
Old 01-19-2004, 06:47 PM   #6
flylwsi
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to flylwsi

much agreed on the trolling.
Old 01-20-2004, 10:13 PM   #7
Balistic
AF Newbie

[quote=YogsVR4]I'm thinking troll. There's no way you understand all the mods you listed and not know if you can take a stock rt/10.[/QUOTE

I don't know thatmuch about cars. I just buy stuff that I am told to. Yes I understand some stuff, but not everything. I do know that I saw a 1997 corvette with 470 hp loose to a supercharged 320 hp s2000. So I do undersatnd that horse power isn't much if you can't hook up.
Old 01-20-2004, 10:36 PM   #8
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

Send a message via ICQ to Jimster Send a message via AIM to Jimster Send a message via Yahoo to Jimster

If you lose to him, then you must really suck at driving, I'm afraid- I'm guessing that he is stock. However trollish the original post sounds.

2007 Audi A4 3.0 TDI Le Mans
Old 01-21-2004, 02:48 PM   #9
Mr Payne
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Viper RT10 vs Toyota Supra TT

[quote=Balistic]
Quote:
Originally Posted by YogsVR4
I'm thinking troll. There's no way you understand all the mods you listed and not know if you can take a stock rt/10.[/QUOTE

I don't know thatmuch about cars. I just buy stuff that I am told to. Yes I understand some stuff, but not everything. I do know that I saw a 1997 corvette with 470 hp loose to a supercharged 320 hp s2000. So I do undersatnd that horse power isn't much if you can't hook up.
Think about it, an RT/10 dynos at 370-415rwhp depending on year. Why even ask this question? Troll or idiot.
Old 01-23-2004, 12:25 AM   #10
s15ilvia
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to s15ilvia
viper vs Supra

its shady considering your mods are mostly aimed towards fast 1/4 mile times and you dont even know what you run.

did you jus drop your car off at some garage and shell out the dough to mod your car?
Old 01-23-2004, 08:33 PM   #11
ferrari_adidas5
AF Enthusiast

you say ur putting out over 500 hp without the nitrus, there is no way he can beat you unless you severly screw up
Old 01-25-2004, 01:27 AM   #12
VIPimports.com
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balistic
Ok heres whats going on. My buddy Brian has a RT10, and he is always being cocky about it. So I got angry and ask him if he would race. Ofcourse he is going to except the challenge, but I think I might of gone a little over my head on this one. I have a 1994 Toyota supra TT with the T78 conversion, Greddy front mount intercooler, Trenjo prototype Injectors, fuel regulator, Trenjo cams, Trenjo flywheel, Trenjo custom pistons, Zex 70 shot wet nitrous system and some other small mods. I am only pulling 516 hp on the dyno with 496 ft lbs of torque. I have 2 weeks before we go to Clems 1/4 track, and I don't want to loose. I have never ran this car on the 1/4 only the 1/8. Any ideas on what I can do? and how do you think the out come of this race is going to be.

( Haven't got to use the nitrous on the dyno yet )
It shouldn't even be a question that your Supra would easily beat the Viper, but then again a larger factor is the driving skills involved. Your T78 doesn't even start making boost until 4500 to 5000 RPM's. You'll have to know how to drive your car to stay in the boost from the launch and not let him put a lead on you from the start. He'll have to know how to launch the Viper without spinning at the start. If you race from a roll you'll have a much better chance if you aren't a skilled driver! Ask him to race from a 40 roll if you have any doubts...then post the results!

Good luck and spank some Viper Butt!
Old 01-25-2004, 01:34 AM   #13
89Turbo944
AF Enthusiast

I have a video fo a T78 equiped Supra spanking a new Lambo Murchelago(cant ever spell that right), Viper, Vett, Firehawk, and one other but i cant remember it.

He has all the suporting mods as well as NX nitrous. The car just ebliterates the Viper from a roll. All the runns were done from a roll but the Supra wone each time. Its pretty amazing. If someone wants to host the video for me i will gladly post it.
Old 01-25-2004, 03:38 AM   #14
Balistic
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Viper RT10 vs Toyota Supra TT

Well guys we went ahead and race this weekend. We never got a chance to race side by side but we still just average out our times. I ran an average of 10.9 with my best time being a 10.6 at 137 mph. he average a 12.2 with his best time of 11.9 at 126 mph. So needless to say I whipped his ass. He is trying to get me to race him again next weekend, cause he is going to get a nitrous kit for his rt10. I think I can still take him. what do you guys think ???
Old 01-25-2004, 03:43 AM   #15
89Turbo944
AF Enthusiast

depends on how he is at getting the extra power to the ground. What kind of power is he wanting out of the nitrous? 100hp??

You should still kill him. Supras are almost unbeatable. But come by my work and ill race you in a Lamborghini Murcielago, or maby a Lamborghini Gallardo. God i love my job!!!