Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Viper | Viper SRT19 Roadster
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-08-2003, 11:23 AM   #1
Jason Doucette
AF Newbie

Canadian Speedometer

Does anyone have pictures of a speedometer for any Canadian model GTS or RT/10? A friend of mine was looking at a 2002 Dodge Viper GTS bought in Canada, and said the speedo went up to 360. I know it can't break 320 (about 200 mph), so I was kind of surprised to hear that. I did a search on the 'net, but found nothing.
Jason Doucette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 07:09 AM   #2
badassgremlin
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to badassgremlin Send a message via Yahoo to badassgremlin
well uhhh what the sppedo tops out at doesn't matter i know c5 vettes's speedos go up to 200 mph. so i dun think its anything special

badassgremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 11:30 AM   #3
Jason Doucette
AF Newbie

Yes, I understand that the top end of the speedo does not matter. The Enzo's speedo goes to 400 km/h, as far as I know. But, normally, a car's speedo goes just enough higher than the car's actual top speed so that it can fit on the speedo, without wasting needless space. In this sense, even the Enzo's speedo is not crazy, as it jumps in 50 km/h increments, and with a 350 km/h top speed (I do not know the exact figure, I am just estimating at about 220 mph), the next highest increment is 400 km/h. The C5 has the option to switch from mph to km/h (for the same sequence of numbers), which may explain why it goes to 200. Although jumping at 20 mph increments, it can do about 175, so 180 is the minimal, and that is just barely nudging by the top end. So, 200 sounds proper. I guess I just convinced myself that the Viper's speedo at 360 is proper, as well... because, if a Canadian speedo jumps by 20 km/h, and the car can go 320 km/h, 340 is minimal, so 360 is not so bad (which is about 220 mph, the top end of the speedo for the USA version). I am still interested in seeing a picture, if anyone has one.
Jason Doucette is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Viper | Viper SRT19 Roadster