Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Contour
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 09:07 PM   #1
northwichita
AF Newbie

Trunk key separate?

Just bought a very used 96 Contour and I can't open the trunk. I have two keys, doors and ignition. Neither worked in the trunk lock, is it separate? I want to know what's in the trunk, will get in by the back seat if have to.

Edit-- I found out about the remote latch combo gas/trunk release lever and that worked. I then pushed down on this little red lever by the trunk latch shut the trunk and then the remote release lever did not work.(I thought the lever would stop the trunk latch from shutting). Since the trunk lock cylinder does not work with either key I have, I then did take out the back seat to be able to reach inside the trunk to push up that little lever (which I will tape over if I decide to keep the car), and the remote trunk release lever works again.

Last edited by northwichita; 08-16-2009 at 07:18 PM.
northwichita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 08:48 AM   #2
JoeShmoe
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to JoeShmoe
Re: Trunk key separate?

The door key should be the same as the trunk key. The ignition key would be different because the original ignition was replaced. You can't get thru the backseats because the lock is in the trunk.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:35 AM   #3
pre98zetec
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to pre98zetec Send a message via MSN to pre98zetec Send a message via Yahoo to pre98zetec
Re: Trunk key separate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeShmoe View Post
The door key should be the same as the trunk key. The ignition key would be different because the original ignition was replaced. You can't get thru the backseats because the lock is in the trunk.
95 and 96 all had seperate trunk keys 97-00 was all in one.

96' Integra GSR / ITR cams/valvetrain. Skunk2 IM, Greddy evo2, AEM CAI, RMF Header, Megan testpipe, Hasport mounts, Eibach coilovers, Beaks tie bar, Megan H brace, Rota Attacks, F/R strut bar, Kirk 6 point cage, Bride Cugas, Takata 4 Point, ITR Steering wheel
98' SVT Contour, 3L Port-Matched swap with SVT cams/full bolt ons; 224fwhp.
01' Chevy Blazer, DD.
pre98zetec is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Contour