Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Interior | Audio | Security
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Interior | Audio | Security Tech forum to assist in Honda/Acura Interior, Audio and Security.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 06:14 PM   #1
jackmannequin
AF Newbie

Unhappy Dead Stereo? PLEASE HELP!

I've got a pretty effed up situation. So I let my sister borrow my 1991 Accord SE(OEM Stereo). She comes back telling me there was some wire(s) burning in my car. When i take a look at it the fm transmitter from my 10 disc cd changer(separate unit from stereo) it looks like it has been through a fire. I also had a noise filter that was hooked up to my stereo's power line and my amp's power cable. Now the cd changer will still turn on and stuff, the amplifier doesnt appear to be damaged, but the stereo will not turn on. When i try to take it out the connector on the back of the stereo wont come out. It is possible that the two may be melted on each other. I have a loc in my trunk that tells the antenna to detract when there is audio signal coming through. Every time i turn my car on the antenna goes up. Do stereos have fuses that you can replace? Or am i screwed? Please Help me!
jackmannequin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 09:28 PM   #2
wiseguy01
AF Enthusiast

Re: Dead Stereo? PLEASE HELP!

you might wanna check the fuse box for any blown fuses but sounds like you have too small gauge of wire when the wire is too small and your amp is hitting that can make the power wire hot real fast and dont forget the fuse block under the hood it has a fuse for stereo but if fuses are good then stereo is shot because when stereo turns on it sends rem signal to ant to go up.. amp wire should be no smaller than 4 gauge for 500 watts
wiseguy01 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Interior | Audio | Security