Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Falcon | Fairmont | FPV
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Falcon | Fairmont | FPV Australian and American versions. Includes the XR6 and XR8 as well as FPV models like the Typhon.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-04-2003, 06:56 PM   #1
Eye Of Apocalypse
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Eye Of Apocalypse Send a message via Yahoo to Eye Of Apocalypse
1973 Ford Falcon XB GT "Interceptor" replicants

Has anyone here in the forums tried, or knows someone who has tried to make a copy of the '73 Falcon XB GT seen in the Mel Gibson film Mad Max?

I know the Supercharger that was in the car does not exist, I have plenty of sites which clearly state this in my IE Favorites.

Nevertheless I seek information on the costs of the modifications which are done to the car, I don't have anywhere near the funds required to do any of it I know that without having to see the costs, however this is a planned project for me and I would like to atleast get an idea of what it would take to make a replica of the car with using say a 1970 Ford Torino
Eye Of Apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 07:41 AM   #2
blazed on haze :\
AF Regular

if u want to make a decent mad max replica ud have to purchase a 1975 falcon xb with a falcon xc front grill, then spend money on a custom body kit. the blower on the car was a fake but it would b cool if u made a replica with one thats real.
blazed on haze :\ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2003, 11:41 PM   #3
Eye Of Apocalypse
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Eye Of Apocalypse Send a message via Yahoo to Eye Of Apocalypse
Quote:
Originally posted by blazed on haze :\
if u want to make a decent mad max replica ud have to purchase a 1975 falcon xb with a falcon xc front grill, then spend money on a custom body kit. the blower on the car was a fake but it would b cool if u made a replica with one thats real.
Hell man I think with the right amount of money you could get one exactly like that one built that does work, with all the new smaller performance parts and supercharger systems i'm almost sure of it. When ya've got the green stuff the possibilities are endless
Eye Of Apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2003, 02:52 AM   #4
73XBGS
AF Newbie

Originally posted by blazed on haze :\

They didnt use a XC grill

The car was a GT matter of fact a XB GT

My GS would convert over perfect, 2 spoilers, wheel flares, front end kit, zoomies, wheels and tires. If you cut up an actual GT.......well very very bad things should happen to you LOL

If you want to see a true Falcon email me and I'll send em to ya
73XBGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 07:11 AM   #5
Dark One
AF Newbie

Interceptor

If you want one doing for and shipped from OZ then you can try here, they may at first seem a little pricey, but when you realise what they do to them, well worth the money I think.

http://www.aussiecoupes.com/
Dark One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 03:28 AM   #6
73XBGS
AF Newbie

Thumbs down

Hmm all I can say about the link you gave me is I want through www.aussiexport.com

This was after a TON of research. All I can say is the guy who owns the place is a decent honest guy. As for the other, all I'm going to say is, a nice webpage doesnt mean excellent service and fair prices.

I would get into to detail, but I dont have enough space on this page. One thing to keep in mind my guy is in Austraila, this other fella is in Oregon and Washington state. Why not go direct instead of third and fourth party?

**** Please research these companies before sending them ANYTHING. Get there phone number and directory search the country and city. Then contact the city or county gov''t for business complaints and current licenses. You'd be surprised.

Last edited by 73XBGS; 12-21-2003 at 03:14 AM.
Old 12-18-2003, 03:32 AM   #7
73XBGS
AF Newbie

Re: 1973 Ford Falcon XB GT "Interceptor" replicants

Oh yeah one more thing, unless you have 20K US dollars to get a Falcon to make a replica through aussiecoupes dont bother, his words not mine. Hmm got mine for 10K, go figure
Old 02-13-2004, 08:24 PM   #8
PeeJay
AF Newbie

Re: 1973 Ford Falcon XB GT

Hi,

I've just started looking at websites and it appears that there are some 15-20 Mad Max cars here in the US and Canada. Not all are finished but the ones that are look pretty good. From what I can tell, there are only 2 companies that make the parts that you need. One guy is in Australia and his stuff is pretty expensive. The other guy is in Indiana or maybe Illinois. I think his company is called Pursuit Industries.

As for the car that was used in the movies, it should be called a XB Falcon GT. In Australia, the car companies don't use model years to denote a car but like in England, they use a model designation. In England they used Mark I, II, III, IV, etc.,.... In Australia the used XK, XM, XP, XR, XT, XW, XY, XA, XB, XC, etc..... I have learned that the XK-XY were basically built off US stampings with many local changes. Funny thing, the XP looks like a 1963 Comet with 2 headlights!

I have a XA Fairmont 2-door sedan. The body shell looks like the one used in the movies but the front-end is different. And no, it doesn't share anything with a Torino. In fact, it is a lot smaller.....at least 12-15 inches shorter....maybe more.

PJ
PeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 12:16 AM   #9
lowrider38921
AF Newbie

can the maverick be used???????????????????????????
lowrider38921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004, 01:55 AM   #10
73XBGS
AF Newbie

The real deal

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Falcon | Fairmont | FPV