Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Aurora
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-02-2003, 07:59 AM   #1
97 silverbullet
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to 97 silverbullet Send a message via Yahoo to 97 silverbullet
front alignment

anyone ever did a front end alignment on their aurora? give details

Politics is not a bad profession. If you succeed there are many rewards, if you disgrace yourself you can always write a book.
-- Ronald Reagan

"I wrote a book"
--Bill Clinton
97 silverbullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 09:26 AM   #2
bustedratchet
AF Regular

Re: front alignment

I've done a 4-wheel alignment to mine a couple years ago (I'm probably due for another). All I did was set the toe on all the wheels. Tie rods in the front and turn the cams on the rear. The front camber was a little lower than I like to see but was within spec.If I wanted to raise the camber in the front I could have either put in a kit or grind the bolts or see if I could slot the struts. Specs call for negative camber (top of tire leaning in on the top a little). Lots of cars call for that to give you better cornering but it will wear the inside of the tires a bit. Some day when I'm feeling energetic I'll mess with the camber and bring it up to 0 or +.1 cause I don't go 90 through a tight turn and might get a little better tire wear. Right now I've nursed about 2 1/2 years out of a set of Eagle G/A 's which I think is pretty good.
bustedratchet is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Aurora