Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > TrailBlazer | Trailblazer EXT
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-01-2015, 03:33 PM   #1
rrclyoung
AF Newbie

Antenna mast broken off 2005 Trailblazer

Antenna mast broke off when it got hit by some road debris. No threads left to attach new antenna to so fender well mounting must be replaced also.

First thing to do is gather all the parts;
1) Antenna, AC-Delco P/N 22876544
2) Fender mount stud with cable, AC-Delco P/N 25913869 (note this part has mini connector, may need part #3 if yours does not have mini connector)
3) Antenna extension cable, AC-Delco P/N 25893238

I got all my parts thru rockauto.com, they were about 1/2 price of what the dealer was charging and they were AC-Delco parts.

The procedure is fairly simple. First drop the glove box door down to reveal the antenna cable. Unplug it and attach a "fish" wire to the cable that is routed to the fender...make sure the "fish" wire is about 3 feet in length. Attach the loose end of the fish wire to the glove box frame so it cannot be pulled all the way thru. You will thank me later for the fish wire tip....

Next raise the front end and remove the tire and inner fender well (8 push type connectors and 1 10mm bolt will need to be removed to get the inner fender well out). Remove the antenna cable fender mount bracket with the broken stud and pull the cable thru the fender slowly as to not loose the fish wire. Position and secure the new antenna cable with the stud to the fender. Attach the fish wire to the new antenna cable. from the wheel side fit the connector thru the fender hole....from the glove box side slowly pull the fish wire thru until you get the antenna cable thru......

Connect all the cables, put the glove box back into position, re-install the inner fender well, put the tire back on........a fairly quick and easy job, about 1.5 hours on the garage floor, if you use the fish wire tip....add several hours to the task if you by-pass the fish wire.

Let me know how this works out for you

2006 Chrysler T&C Touring 3.8
2005 Chevy Trailblazer LS 4.2 I6
2004 F150 Heritage
2007 Mitsubishi Endeavor
2008 Pontiac G6
rrclyoung is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > TrailBlazer | Trailblazer EXT