Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Porsche > 924/944/968
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-10-2005, 06:42 AM   #1
Stretch1357
AF Newbie

944 pop-up headlights - problem help??

I have a problem with my '88 944 headlights. The headlights should stay down with the headlight switch at position 1 (sidelight position) and only come up when switched to position 2. Unfortunately, with the ignition on or off and the headlight switch at position 1 the headlight pods are up and there is a dim glow from the headlights. I have tried changing the headlight motor relay and the headlight switch but there is no difference. I need them to stay down at position 1 (sidelights) or there not to be any power to the headlight bulbs at position 1. Am I missing something here, is it possible there is a simple fix or is it more likely that a previous owner has tried a bit of DIY and done it badly?
Stretch1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 06:08 PM   #2
carsonmx114
AF Regular

Re: 944 pop-up headlights - problem help??

the dim glow you are seeing in the headlight bulbs is probably not power, it's most likely something else in the car drawing ground through the headlight bulbs because of a bad ground somewhere else. iv'e got a service manual if you need grounding points on your car let me know. i would start following all the brown wires you see and looking for loose or corroaded ring-terminals or broken wires.
carsonmx114 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Porsche > 924/944/968