Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > RSX
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-21-2005, 07:23 AM   #16
mason_RsX
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to mason_RsX
Re: Re: whos better............

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulkramer
Practical reasons!?!? Please!! It's there for looks! Who needs a spoiler on a daily driver? A rice (oops, I meant race!) car, sure.
Sarcasm man...sarcasm

and Cobalt wins shit...it is slightly faster, and it costs a bit less...but thats where the winning stops

2002 Acura RSX Type-S

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiGNAL748
I have an outrageously large penis.
mason_RsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 12:39 PM   #17
92pontiacbonny
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to 92pontiacbonny

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSX-S777
As far as the SS "killing" the RSX in price is concerned...

RSX msrp=23,845
CobaltSS=18,200

When you factor in side airbags, the alloy wheels, sunroof, armrest, power tilt and the performance package (all of which supposedly bring it up to par with the RSX), you have a pricetag of around 22,000 or more. A difference of 1,845 is fairly reasonable in my estimation- especially when comparing a luxury sport coupe like the Type S with a domestic boyracer.

Is that godforsaken wing optional...or is that extra?

Also, here's a little snippet from a convo about the new Cobalt from the Chevy forum:

"my father drive tractor trailers for lordstown, oh where they are building most of the cobalts. right now there are about 1,200 outside sitting under a tarp. they leak in 16 difference places over the bodies and many nuts, bolts are coming up missing after they are produced. they are supposed to build around 1,000 per day but are only running around 100-150 now. if you plan on getting one, i'd definately wait a while until they "debug" this new line. he said that in the plant the robots that cut and move the sheeting for the body sometimes ever launch the peice accross the floor instead of mounting it properly. i'm not taking a cut at this production line, just giving you some info from inside."

Also some info about headlight assemblies catching fire...but hey, buy the Cobalt because it's a "winner". I'll stick with the RSX any day of the week.

#1~~u blew this whole thing out of proportion, now listen, im bringing this crap straight from the Road&Track magazine, now if you want to go out and buy and RSX, thats fine and dandy, but i was talking bout perfromance, subjective, and price, not body work and other crap like that, so if u want to go and put some one down for making a mistake in your opinion, go put down road&track, but dont put down me cuz i didnt rite this shit!!!they did!
92pontiacbonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 12:47 PM   #18
92pontiacbonny
AF Regular

Re: Re: Re: whos better............

Quote:
Originally Posted by mason_RsX
Sarcasm man...sarcasm

and Cobalt wins shit...it is slightly faster, and it costs a bit less...but thats where the winning stops

no it doesnt.........

Performance.....(out of 200 pts)

RSX type-s~190.9
Cbalt SS~199.2 (looks like we have a winner)

Subjective.........(out of 200 pts)
RSX type-s~196.9(winner)
Cobalt SS~188.2

Total Points
RSX type-S-387.8(winner but not by much)
SS-387.4

Price as tested............(out of 200 pts)
RSX type-s~199.3(not far behind i know)
SS~200.0(winner)

Total points
RSX type-S~587.1
SS~587.4(winner, didnt win by much, but won)

Final Standings

2005 Acura RSX type-S=2nd place
2005 Chevrolet Cobalt SS-1st place

(ill try to scan it out)

im gonna stick by what i said, the Cobalt is the winner
Old 08-21-2005, 01:54 PM   #19
mason_RsX
AF Enthusiast

Re: whos better............

ummm about that...C/D September 2005 Issue

Acura RSX Type S

Vehicle 83/100
Powertrain 43/50
Chassis 45/50
Got to have it factor 22/25
fun to drive factor 22/25
Total points 215

Chevrolet Cobalt SS
Vehicle 73/100
Powertrain 40/50
Chassis 41/50
gotta have it factor 17/25
fun to drive 18/25
Total 189

C/D actually said the RSx Type S, Imprezza WRX, SRT-4 were all better vehicles

2002 Acura RSX Type-S

Quote:
Old 08-21-2005, 04:09 PM   #20
RSX-S777
AF Enthusiast

It's all a matter of opinion- I'm not putting you down. You asked a question and we answered you. Nothing was blown out of proportion. If you wanted Road and Track's opinion, why bother coming in here and asking us? Now Mas has presented "evidence" that the RSX is the winner...so now what?

I've got a fever. And the only prescription is more cowbell...
RSX-S777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 07:15 PM   #21
92pontiacbonny
AF Regular

Quote:
It's all a matter of opinion- I'm not putting you down. You asked a question and we answered you. Nothing was blown out of proportion. If you wanted Road and Track's opinion, why bother coming in here and asking us? Now Mas has presented "evidence" that the RSX is the winner...so now what?

your right, i dont know why i asked people, i jus wanted to know if any one else thought what i and road & track thought, i fully agree with road & track, its fine that u dont, i have the 2005 september issue, thats what is stated in this issue, and u were kind of puttin me down in a way but forget about it.
Old 08-21-2005, 09:34 PM   #22
crazy_canuck
AF Enthusiast

Magazine racing is stupid. Every mag has a different opinion. In Car And Driver the RSX beat the ACR, WRX, SS, and ION. And guess what? Your SS got trounced by the ACR and WRX, avoiding last only because the ION fared worse.

The SS does better than the RSX, but it does not kill it.

And you say you're just asking people but your posts above show fanboyism. Post 14 is proof.

And performance isn't everything otherwise I would've gotten the ACR. And hey, guess what. Which car whoops the SS in EVERY aspect? The ACR. So don't think the SS is the gift to the automotive world. And if I wanted the performance the SS wanted, for muuuuuch less i'd swap an engine into a used car, get a Firebird, a Mustang, or a brand new Mustang and blow the SS's doors and shopping cart wing right off. I'd have pure performance for a cheap price, and none of the "body and other crap like that". Oh and in terms of subjective ratings, the RSX wins hands down, so i don't understand you saying how you're talking about subjectivity. Unless you maen objective performance which i've already adressed.

Now rev your bonny to redline (3000 right?) for about 5 minutes and grab your headers.
Old 08-22-2005, 11:03 AM   #23
92pontiacbonny
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_canuck
Magazine racing is stupid. Every mag has a different opinion. In Car And Driver the RSX beat the ACR, WRX, SS, and ION. And guess what? Your SS got trounced by the ACR and WRX, avoiding last only because the ION fared worse.

The SS does better than the RSX, but it does not kill it.

And you say you're just asking people but your posts above show fanboyism. Post 14 is proof.

And performance isn't everything otherwise I would've gotten the ACR. And hey, guess what. Which car whoops the SS in EVERY aspect? The ACR. So don't think the SS is the gift to the automotive world. And if I wanted the performance the SS wanted, for muuuuuch less i'd swap an engine into a used car, get a Firebird, a Mustang, or a brand new Mustang and blow the SS's doors and shopping cart wing right off. I'd have pure performance for a cheap price, and none of the "body and other crap like that". Oh and in terms of subjective ratings, the RSX wins hands down, so i don't understand you saying how you're talking about subjectivity. Unless you maen objective performance which i've already adressed.

Now rev your bonny to redline (3000 right?) for about 5 minutes and grab your headers.

u stupid moron, i never said any thing bout the SS being a gift to the "automotive World", cuz i know its not, and frankley, i dont give a shit, so u coming in this post and start to put wrds in my mouth is really gay, so i suggest u read all the forums until u know exactly what i say to "correct" me on, now frankley, i could care less who would have won this one, i like both of the cars, i think this post should be closed, cuz we all blew this out of what it was supposed to be!
Old 08-22-2005, 02:13 PM   #24
crazy_canuck
AF Enthusiast

Yeah, i'm the moron.
MY gift to the automotive world comment was an exaggeration and I know you didn't actually say that, but some of your psots above made it seem like it was so amazing because:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The fanboy above me who can't spell "frankly". There's no e in frankly, professor Hawkins
the SS killed the RSX in Performance, and the best part is.......................the SS kills the RSX in price to..............................

so i think its time to reveal the answer...........................

im sry for all u RSX fans, but the Chevrolet Cobalt SS is the winner
Did you not say that? Did I type that quote up on my own or did you say that in post 14?

I'm not going to read every forum if thats what you want me to do. I don't see how perusing the Duesenberg forum will help this matter, do you?

And what's "really gay" is calling people "really gay" even though you weren't able to disprove anything that I said, just attack me and barrage me with poor english.

If you want to you can still try and argue some of my above post:

-ACR is far superior to the SS
-SS doesn't "kill" the RSX in any aspect (ok maybe its cheaper), it just outperforms the RSX by a bit.
-Magazine racing is stupid, especially when another comparison featuring more cars in a equal calibre magazine says the SS looses
-A point I forgot to add: In the Motor Trend comparo the SS won by like .4, and only because of the price category it got the neccesary points to win
-The RSX won almost every subjective category in the MT test, yet somehow the SS killed it in that category in your world.
Old 08-22-2005, 09:31 PM   #25
RSX-S777
AF Enthusiast

OK everyone...let's just...caaalm dowwwn. I think there is one thing we can agree on- and then we can put this whole ugly mess behind us, move on and be friends again- and that one thing is:

The Pontiac Bonneville is, without ANY question, THE BEST car ever made in automotive history HANDS DOWN. It scored 49,999 points out of a possible 50,000 in this months issue of Best Car In The History Of Mankind magazine (right ahead of the AstroVan and LeCar). The 17,587.975 points it was awarded in the 'Makes-me-want-to-stroke-myself' category put it just over the top. Also, 4 out of 5 BCITHOM testers preferred the taste of the Bonneville to Folger's Choice. Oddly enough, I see here that the 1992 Bonny also won the best model year award (And this included every model of every type of mechanism ever invented by humans and/or otherworldly creatures for the purpose of conveyance!!). The numbers don't lie friends...

{friendly aside to Canuck} Remember, when things get heated, ask yourself, WWCD?

Old 08-23-2005, 08:36 AM   #26
crazy_canuck
AF Enthusiast

WWCD? Bwahahahahaha *starts singing like a cat impaled on a pitchfork*

Back on topic,
I wonder where it lost the 50,000th point....
Old 08-23-2005, 08:50 PM   #27
crazy_canuck
AF Enthusiast

What an assclown. He told me to "read all the forums" and so I assume that if I translated that from 12 year old MSN perv to english it would say "read my other posts". I just looked at the last post of his before this thread and it was bullcrap. He called the Cadillac SRX V-8 faster than the Cayenne (which according to Motor Trend, he Porsche has a .9 second advantage in the 1320). His avatar, his vehicle, and his posts all have one thing in common.
Old 08-24-2005, 06:06 AM   #28
RSX-S777
AF Enthusiast

Next topic: Cobalt vs. an F-16 fully fueled and armed. Discuss.

Old 08-24-2005, 06:46 AM   #29
mason_RsX
AF Enthusiast

I honestly like and am considering both cars when I finally purchase (no more lease bullshit!) another car...

and Canuck did you know hes playing at the Molson Ampitheatre on August 25th?? I saw the "announcement" on CP24 and cracked up laughing

2002 Acura RSX Type-S

Quote:
Old 08-24-2005, 08:01 AM   #30
crazy_canuck
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Next topic: Cobalt vs. an F-16 fully fueled and armed. Discuss.
The wing of the Cobalt has more downforce. 'nuff said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mason_RsX
I honestly like and am considering both cars when I finally purchase (no more lease bullshit!) another car...

and Canuck did you know hes playing at the Molson Ampitheatre on August 25th?? I saw the "announcement" on CP24 and cracked up laughing
Hah you better not be toying with my emotions

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > RSX