Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General > Dealer Experiences
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Dealer Experiences If you want to brag or complain about the deal or the service you got, this is the place.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-13-2002, 11:15 AM   #1
lifeiscars
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to lifeiscars
Angry Don't even bother getting another key!

My family has 3 cars. A 95 E320, and 99 Pontiac Montana, and and 96 Jimmy. We wanted another key made for the Montana, so we got to the local Chevy Dealer, and buy a key. They cut it to the other one with the code, and then it costs us 30$. If it cost you 30 dollars dont even bother, just borrow another key. Then we went to start it to find out that we have to get the passkey programed. Ok I understand it protects from thieves but who cares! THEN THEY NEED TO FIND THE PROCEDURE FOR PROGRAMMING IT. THEY DO IT EVERYDAY! So now I just left, and I'm waiting for them to call me back to get the key made. Oh yah, its Nucar Chevrolet of Middletown, Delaware. Thought you might just want to know that!
lifeiscars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2003, 02:41 PM   #2
Shortbus
Blah blah blah

Send a message via AIM to Shortbus
I agree with you about the the steep prices of the resistor keys, but the dealers don't make the prices. Also agree that they should have told you upfront that it needed to be learned to the BCM, it says it right in their catalog notes.

As for the reason for these systems, blame the insurance companies and car thieves, for driving the prices of insurance through the roof and for the insurance companies demanding car makers to build cars with anti theft devices.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg key.jpg (22.5 KB, 109 views)
Shortbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 07:34 PM   #3
mbsaudio
AF Newbie

Re: Don't even bother getting another key!

If I'm not mistaken the Montana has PK3 stamped on the key right? All you have to do is put in the keys you already have and cycle them in the cylinder to the on position. Wait 5 sec., do same with 2nd key and then with the new key.
mbsaudio is offline   Reply With Quote