Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General > Dealer Experiences
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Dealer Experiences If you want to brag or complain about the deal or the service you got, this is the place.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-21-2003, 08:57 PM   #1
VTLC
AF Newbie

Angry Help with my new RX8 with a remanufactured engine

I bot my 8 on 11.10.03 and first week started to see green guey stuff on garage floor. Called the dealer they said its just overflow from coolant resivior. So didnt think much of it then, until 2 weeks later more green stuff was on floor, called the service guy and he said first few weeks this could happen may be the coolant was overfilled and in a few days if it keeps up bring it in. Then last week coolant light came on. Took the car in and they added fluid, they said it was low. Told me to bring it back 3 days later for service. Took it in on Tuesday and they called me later that day and said it needed an engine replacement because it was leaking from the 2nd rotor and engine housing or something like that. I only have 1200 exact miles on it and I can't believe this is happening to me. No mods or nada that I did to the car, I dont even drive it hard, I bought it cuz I loved how it looks. I asked the dealer if I can just get into a new 8, I didnt pay 35k for a new RX8 body with a remanufactured engine. They told me they cant get me a new engine and there is no way I they will get me into a new RX8. This is the best they can do for me. Dealer is Lithia Mazda in Fresno, CA. This is so unfair, I dont have any ideas on what to do or what I can do. Please any help or advice would be great right now before they finish with my car. The only way I would be satisfied is to get me into a new 8 or put a new engine in my car. I am suspecting that the dealer knew of the leak and still sold me the car anyways. Thats why they kept telling me its just the coolant overflow until a few weeks later. I shouldnt have to pay such a price for a broken car from the beginning. Please help if anyone here can.
VTLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 03:24 PM   #2
Discogsus
AF Newbie

First off, look into the lemon law rules, I am not entirely sure what they entail. Them saying that they can't get a new engine is total BS. I was looking at RX-8's last weekend and the salesman was bragging about how they have the only certified RX-8 tech in the state (CO.) To become certified you have to totally disassemble and reassemble a new engine so that implies that they do in fact exist.
Call the regional Mazda rep and explain what happened, you would think they have had enough bad press on the RX-8 to be helpful at this point. You can probably get the number online somewhere, but it might be better to go into the dealer and ask for the number and when he might next be visiting the dealer That should get someones attention.
Discogsus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 03:27 PM   #3
Discogsus
AF Newbie

Lemon Law:
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=150633

and look on edmunds.com or Kelly blue book, one of those has another explanation.
Discogsus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2004, 09:28 PM   #4
Rob_0126
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to Rob_0126
Sorry to hear about this. With only 1200 miles on the car, I believe you have a case. Especially since you reported the problem many times(coolant on floor), and they gave you a canned response.

If you have to, call Mazda themselves.

I had a problem with a toyota dealership in florida years ago.

I had a 93 toyota pickup 2wd. It was making a noise, when I rev'ed the engine, then let off, and ammediately rev'd it again. Got a claking noise.

I took it to the dealership, and they said that it was normal, that the truck would run reliably.

I insisted that they check it out. They said if their was no problem, that they would have to charge me for the tear down of the engine.

I said, go ahead, but I know theirs something wrong(anyone with 20% hearing could tell their was.)

Weeks go by(in a rental) and still a canned response. (We haven't started yet.

Basically they let it sit in the back for weeks and did nothing to it.

Being in a pissed off state as I was in, I called Toyota in California(There home base in the US). I talked to someone, explained the situation, and thats all it took. California told me that they would send a fax right over.

I called the dealership the next day, they said their gonna start work on it right away.

Needless to say, it had a problem.

It had a warped piston ring, and the piston was banging against the cylinder wall. They had to replace the whole bottom end of the engine.

I hope you get what u paid for.

Robert