Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Geo > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-18-2005, 10:02 AM   #1
EV1772
AF Newbie

Angry '94 Prizm leaks water when A/C is on

Hi all,

Can any of you guys help me out? I have a '94 Prizm that leaks water when the A/C is on and you make a hard right turn. Is there something blocking in the A/C condenser core? Is it something I can get to? Has anybody else had this problem?

It's such a PITA because my mats are drenched and they begin to smell really funky after a while!
EV1772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 02:13 PM   #2
bigirb2002
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to bigirb2002 Send a message via MSN to bigirb2002 Send a message via Yahoo to bigirb2002
Re: '94 Prizm leaks water when A/C is on

everycar in the world leaks water when the air is on its called condensation if u still dout me go to a service station an watch them laugh u off the primises but u have nonthing to worrie about
bigirb2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 03:01 PM   #3
EV1772
AF Newbie

Re: Re: '94 Prizm leaks water when A/C is on

Yes dude, I know it's called "condensation"...

It's when this water called "condensation" leaks into my passenger compartment, it becomes a problem! I doubt that any mechanic would laugh if I explained that my floor turns into a kiddie pool whenever I make tight turns when the A/C is on. Thank you though for your most insightful post. It's very much appreciated.

Now if any of you want to know how I fixed this problem, here's what I did. There is a outlet tube in the evaporator box of the A/C unit. This leads out from the firewall and drains out the engine bay. What I ended up doing was shooting some compressed air through the tube to clear any debris that may have clogged it. It seems to have resolved it. I've ran the A/C on some really long trips over the past couple of days and made some tight turns and no more water runs into the passenger compartment. I wish I would have done this earlier because I wouldn't have ruined my mats and made my car smell like mildew. Oh well...
Old 08-20-2005, 04:27 PM   #4
bigirb2002
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to bigirb2002 Send a message via MSN to bigirb2002 Send a message via Yahoo to bigirb2002
Re: '94 Prizm leaks water when A/C is on

hey dude i wont being funny i was just talkin trashall is cool
bigirb2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 09:47 PM   #5
EV1772
AF Newbie

Re: Re: '94 Prizm leaks water when A/C is on

Don't sweat it bro, I wanted to be a wise-@$$ myself!

Anyway, I feel really dumb that I didn't do this earlier. I really love my Geo, it's a great car and with the way gas prices are going I laugh at all those filthy obonoxious SUV's running around!

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Geo > General Discussion