Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-20-2015, 12:07 AM   #1
yjhxfy
AF Newbie

Traction Control Problem of Captiva

I have a 2013 Captiva. There was a message saying "Service Traction Control" after starting the engine. The message didn't appear every time, but more frequently in the evening.

I made an appointment with the dealer. But before the day of appointment, I couldn't start the engine. It felt like the battery was drained, but the reading of battery voltage from information panel was still good (more than 11V). The dealer sent a towing truck, jumped start my car and towed it away. After two days, they told me they found nothing wrong. The battery was good, engine starting well, no "Service Traction Control" message...

It has been more than one week since I got my car back and it has been good. But the message of traction control appeared again this evening. Any idea about it? And is the engine start failure related to the traction control problem?

Thanks.
yjhxfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 08:57 AM   #2
GMCustomerService
AF Regular

Re: Traction Control Problem of Captiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by yjhxfy View Post
I have a 2013 Captiva. There was a message saying "Service Traction Control" after starting the engine. The message didn't appear every time, but more frequently in the evening.

I made an appointment with the dealer. But before the day of appointment, I couldn't start the engine. It felt like the battery was drained, but the reading of battery voltage from information panel was still good (more than 11V). The dealer sent a towing truck, jumped start my car and towed it away. After two days, they told me they found nothing wrong. The battery was good, engine starting well, no "Service Traction Control" message...

It has been more than one week since I got my car back and it has been good. But the message of traction control appeared again this evening. Any idea about it? And is the engine start failure related to the traction control problem?

Thanks.
Hi there,

We definitely apologize for the frustrating experience, but we are happy to hear that your Captiva is doing well. However, if you need any assistance look into the traction control message, we would be happy to look into that further. Feel free to send us a private message along with your VIN, current mileage, contact information and preferred dealership.

Patsy G
GM Customer Care
GMCustomerService is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 10:11 AM   #3
Tech II
AF Fanatic

If the service traction control message was on, there had to be a code set, yet they said there was none?

As for the battery dying, something may have bee left on? Any aftermarket devices installed?
Tech II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 03:33 PM   #4
yjhxfy
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech II View Post
If the service traction control message was on, there had to be a code set, yet they said there was none?

As for the battery dying, something may have bee left on? Any aftermarket devices installed?
The service traction control message doesn't appear every time. They said when they kept the car (for two days), no message appeared, so no code either.

I don't think something was left on. The lights are automatic, no devices installed.

I guess the two problems are related because sometime when I started the engine, there was longer clicking (like low battery?) and the service traction control message would appear. I'm not sure whether this makes sense.
Old 07-21-2015, 08:01 PM   #5
Tech II
AF Fanatic

If that light came on, the code is there in history.....

I don't know what kind of code reader/scanner that garage is using, but it's possible they can't read it...
Tech II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 10:47 PM   #6
yjhxfy
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech II View Post
If that light came on, the code is there in history.....

I don't know what kind of code reader/scanner that garage is using, but it's possible they can't read it...
Really? I don't know what kind of code reader they used, they just told me they found nothing wrong...about any problem...

I don't think I would go to that dealership next time. They messed up with oil change once and were not able to tell me how much damage it caused. And about this traction control problem they also couldn't tell me anything.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > General Discussion