Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer > How-to | Technical Info
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
How-to | Technical Info A wealth of information at your disposal.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 01:10 AM   #241
BlazerLT
AF -Advisor

Re: PCV Oil Catch Can, see what your engine is burning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7T9Shark
I happened upon this thread, and after reading a few of the entries I have to speak up...This is another of what appears to be an "urban legend" that has gone way out of control. I'm surprised the instigator of this nonsense hasn't also declared an increase in gas mileage of 50%.

If the function of the PCV (Postitive Crankcase Ventilation) system were understood, then you would expect to find an accumulation of oil in the catch jar after a period of time. The function of the PCV system was/is intended to recycle unburned blowby (i.e. oil and fuel vapors) back through the intake system, rather than venting them overboard into the atmosphere. The sole intention is to reduce emissions into the air we breathe.

Therefore, it is entirely normal for any engine to accumulate a measure of oil over a period of time. That amount being totally dependent upon the condition of the cylinders, piston rings, etc.

So, if it makes you feel like you're getting quicker accelleration, better mileage, smoother ride, or better looking, go ahead. It won't hurt anything. But wise up to the fact that the collection of oil by filtering it out of the PCV flow system, is no big thing.
So whats your point? That you don't want to do it?

That's fine, 1000s of us do and we see great results and you can actually see what you are removing that won't be coked in the cylinders and intake.

All you are pushing is your opinion without a shred of fact.

No one is using it for no other reason other than to have a cleaner engine WHILE have a pure functioning PCV system.

Your conjecture and insinuations about why we are doing this proven practise is just showing that you have never used it yourself, but are a self-proclaimed professional on the topic.
Old 04-25-2008, 11:42 PM   #242
ericn1300
AF Premium User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazerLT
All you are pushing is your opinion without a shred of fact.
Now that's "the pot calling the kettle black". I have to agree with 7T9Shark as I haven't seen any empirical evidence anywhere in this thread, just anecdotal testimony. Show me the data.
ericn1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 02:11 AM   #243
BlazerLT
AF -Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericn1300
Now that's "the pot calling the kettle black". I have to agree with 7T9Shark as I haven't seen any empirical evidence anywhere in this thread, just anecdotal testimony. Show me the data.
And what data did we promise to provide you? Did we claim anything numerical would be improved other than a cleaner engine that isn't reburning raw oil?

Now where would I derive a number from a volume of trapped oil that was trapped in the catch-can.

Is that not proof? Is that not what was the reason of this thread is?

So that is my fact, and it is a fact that 1000s of people use daily.

Take a look here.

http://www.google.com/search?q=pcv+c...x=&startPage=1

Guess they are all idiots and you are the true superior person that has the info to discredit people liking the fact that they are removing oil from the PCV line.

Thanks for your contribution, it was very informative and full of discrediting proof.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer > How-to | Technical Info