Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-29-2001, 11:06 PM   #1
jeffrey
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to jeffrey Send a message via AIM to jeffrey
Thumbs up Diablo SV and 360 Modena sighting

I'm not sure how many of you are familiar with Popeye's Fried Chicken (it's a fast food chain mainly in the southern US), but the founder, Al Copeland, lives in New Orleans where my family is, and incidentily I am, for xmas.

Every year he does his house up real nice with xmas lights and whatnot and everyone goes to see. It's somewhat of a controlled spectacle. Tonight, while out visiting with some friends and having dinner, my wife called me to tell me that her and her folks went by Copeland's place to see the lights and he had a Diablo and a Ferrari out front; she of course didn't know the specifics.

Of course I high-tailed it over there.

Out front on display, which was mighty nice of him I'd like to say, were a yellow Diablo SV (around 94 I'd guess) and a new 360 Modena, red of course.

Needless to say I spent about 30 minutes walking around that Diablo and oogling over it. Checking out every little detail. The Ferrari was very nice as well, but I'm a Lambo guy.

After being an enthusiast for so long it was nice to finally see one in person. Granted, I've been inside a Coutach (I was only about 12 though) but it just wasn't the same.

Thanks Al for putting your cars out. Now to just get back over there tomorrow before I head home and take a picture of me with the cars.
Old 12-30-2001, 09:57 PM   #2
S Brake
Ferrari Guy

As you can see, i'm all about the Prancing horse. make sure you post the pics ASAP, that is if you were able to take some.
post some pics of your subie too, i want to get a black one someday.
Old 12-31-2001, 04:23 PM   #3
jeffrey
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to jeffrey Send a message via AIM to jeffrey
I wasn't able to get any pics.

I just didn't have time *sigh* I had a bunch of tattoo appointments I didn't want to miss since my artist lives there and I don't anymore. Yes, I have big tattoos hehe.

I'll post some pics of the WRX as soon as the weather clears up here. It's all dark and crappy right now. Oh, and it's black.

Oh I checked on the net for sure when I got home (not long after I started this post). That was a Modena for sure. It's really neat the way the engine is on 'display'.

I may try and get my bro-in-law to run over there and snap a few pics if it's all still up. I think it may be until tomorrow night. If he can get any I'll post'em.
Old 02-24-2002, 07:27 AM   #4
ChristopherJ
AF Newbie

Driving home one day I saw a yellow Ferrari 360 Modena. Couldn't believe it. I was only 10mins from home and someone rich enough to own a Ferrari was driving on the Ipswich Highway! I have never seen such a rare car before out on the road, quite exciting.
ChristopherJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2002, 02:18 PM   #5
banchi105
Banned

Send a message via AIM to banchi105 Send a message via Yahoo to banchi105
When i was 10 or 11
I was on the interstate on the way to atlanta
and I saw a yellow porsche 911 (not sure what kind) pass us
doing an un-godly speed ( im guessing around 150 )
and a millisecond later a black ferrari flew buy.

little did i know
that this would influence me enough
to where my whole life revolve's around trying to race
supercars on interstates
it will forever be engraved in my mind :bandit:
banchi105 is offline   Reply With Quote