Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cadillac > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-19-2002, 09:00 AM   #16
Hudson
Old Mod

Don't expect a V8 in the CTS anytime soon (unless sales REALLY slide). This platform will be the basis of the next STS (Seville replacement) and the V8 will go in there. Adding a V8 to the CTS might bring them into competition with one another.
Hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 07:13 PM   #17
Chris
Oldie

Send a message via AIM to Chris Send a message via MSN to Chris
Yah, but they are all built on the Sigma platform, so they could be considered to be competing already.

So heres my idea: Give the CTS a V8, then turbo/supercharge it (ok so the FI probably wont make it, but I tried), make it available only with a manual and sport suspension (ie, hard). That should take it out of contention with the STS, while putting it in M3 price range, and performance
Old 08-15-2002, 10:26 PM   #18
CopperHed210
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CopperHed210
jwsherman

I thought Caddy's future was brightest until I saw that Lincoln Mark IX they unveiled at the New York Auto Show. Wow!

Hey
Could you post a picture of that Mark IX or insert a hyperlink were I could see a pic?Thanks

Tony
CopperHed210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2002, 10:35 PM   #19
Jay!
Horizontally Opposed

Send a message via AIM to Jay! Send a message via Yahoo to Jay!
Quote:
Originally posted by CopperHed210
Could you post a picture of that Mark IX or insert a hyperlink were I could see a pic?
Jay! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2002, 10:52 PM   #20
Chris
Oldie

Send a message via AIM to Chris Send a message via MSN to Chris
Well, with the possibility of the Superexotic Cien or Superluxury V16, Cadillac could soon get some real respect.
Old 08-16-2002, 10:07 AM   #21
CopperHed210
Banned

It looks like an Audi.
I think Evoq will blow that out of the water.
Old 08-16-2002, 10:17 AM   #22
CopperHed210
Banned

The XLR would too
Old 10-26-2002, 06:46 AM   #23
purelux
AF Newbie

cadillac or lincoln

Most here seem to be pointing out the extra power on cadillac's. However anyone who has ever driven a lincoln ( I have a 1998 lincoln towncar) The towncar's have a quieter cabin and a better ride they aren't designed to be fast like the Ls or the Cadillac's. Lincoln had a 275hp motor in it's continental so it was available to use. One thing to point out though is cadillac is aiming twords more of a sporty luxary image and as so you get more road noise. In addition the engine's seem to really last on both but the cadillac's seem to have more little things go on them air suspension has a shorter life power window motors thermostat, etc... little things. I do like the look and the cadillac's "road presence" but I haven't run into anybody who said they have a smoother quieter ride even dealers when I was car shopping.
purelux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2002, 11:50 AM   #24
CopperHed210
Banned

Quote:
cadillac's seem to have more little things go on them air suspension has a shorter life power window motors thermostat

Lincoln has the air suspension and when those go they cost a ton to fix.wWeve always had Caddys in our family and weve never had any of the "little things" go.My uncle also has a 1998 Lincoln Towncar and my dad recently bought a 1999 DeVille with a moonroof,when your driving on the highway and you close the moonroof it sounds like a jet flying over your car so i wouldnt go too far about less wind noise.About a nicer ride I'd say Cadillac has the nicer ride though they are about the same.My 1987 Caddy has just over 200 thousand miles and I've NEVER had a problem.
Old 11-26-2002, 06:57 PM   #25
delamothe
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to delamothe
THe CTS will be coming out with a V8 powerplant in 2004. The platform of this will also be used for the upcoming Pontiac GTO which is based on the Holden (GM of Australia).
delamothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2002, 07:40 PM   #26
purelux
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by CopperHed210

Lincoln has the air suspension and when those go they cost a ton to fix.wWeve always had Caddys in our family and weve never had any of the "little things" go.My uncle also has a 1998 Lincoln Towncar and my dad recently bought a 1999 DeVille with a moonroof,when your driving on the highway and you close the moonroof it sounds like a jet flying over your car so i wouldnt go too far about less wind noise.About a nicer ride I'd say Cadillac has the nicer ride though they are about the same.My 1987 Caddy has just over 200 thousand miles and I've NEVER had a problem.
A towncar and a deville turn off your radio on both cars and listen you will hear more road noise on the cadillac's in general and wind noise should be negligable. the cadiallacs do this to givemore of a sport feel it's not a screw up or anything. Also fyi they both have air suspensions (cadillac just redesigned theirs to be faster response to road and weight conditions). cadi's have air shocks lincolns air springs. and if you buy something like that straight from either mfg i guarantee it will be expensive. Also you can get rebuilt air springs with a 3 year for under $100-$150. cadi's can use reg air shocks with an adapter so they can be individually fillled but the ride would be different somewhat. when i say better to a lincoln's ride i mean soft and quiet (isolated) cadillacs are more sport oriented for a luxary car i.e. 275-300+hp low profile chrome rims and tires.
purelux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2002, 09:42 PM   #27
delamothe
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to delamothe
The latest in strut technology will be in the suspensions of high end GM cars starting this year. The air controlled strut will be replaced by a strut that contains a ferrous material in a fluid suspension. Electromagnetic pulses from an electronic controller will actually change the viscosity of the fluid giving these struts an extremely fast response.
delamothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2002, 09:49 PM   #28
HikaRu
AF Enthusiast

my dad works for GM and he gets a new company car every 3 months. sometimes he gets a cadillac. i'm import biased, but i would have to admit, they are really nice. as for lincoln, has anyone seen the 2003 grand marquis commercial? still looks like some 1980 ghetto car... (ghetto is bad in this case )
HikaRu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2002, 11:17 AM   #29
CopperHed210
Banned

Quote:
A towncar and a deville turn off your radio on both cars and listen you will hear more road noise on the cadillac's in general and wind noise should be negligable. the cadiallacs do this to givemore of a sport feel it's not a screw up or anything

HAHAHA.You are absolutly incorrect.I have driven many Caddys and many Lincolns and Lincolns BY FAR have more wind noise.Cadillacs give a sportier LOOK.Not sportier ride.I dont know were you get what your saying but I get mine from experience.Cadillacs are BY FAR the better car.
Old 06-07-2003, 07:08 PM   #30
kaskillah
AF Enthusiast

I agree that Cadillacs are better than Lincolns. Lincolns are just Fords and Fords are just FOUR LETTER WORDS.
kaskillah is offline   Reply With Quote