Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 3 Series
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-02-2006, 08:59 PM   #1
alejo79
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to alejo79
Question Convertible Top

Hello everybody...
I Have a 96 BMW IC with semi automatic convertible top, but when i trying to open it, part of the cloth get out place, and then i have to push with mi hand to put in place, and then i can to close the rear compartment, i has been see another Bmw with the same problem in the convertible tops, i will like to know if somebody have any idea of why the roof cloth get stocket with the rear compartment, and how can i do to fix it...

Thank's
alejo79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 01:25 PM   #2
OKCSuburban
AF Regular

So just what part of the top is giving you problems? Has anyone worked on the top, is this a new problem?

I have a manual top and I when I put the top down I push the last few folds of material down (the inner liner) and put the handle down for a nice fit into the boot.
The two side parts broke once and I had to replace, if the guide lines were not put back I could see some problems there.
Old 01-03-2006, 08:43 PM   #3
alejo79
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to alejo79
Re: Convertible Top

Thank's for your response...

Is like you said the last few folds get out the boot, so when the rear comparment close it's bite the cloth material, there are a piece of rod that i think this is the one who push it in, this rod is attached to de tension cord in the left side and in the right side just go across two or three holes, i really dont see nothing wrong, but i was thinking that the piece rod is no strong enough to push this in, so i got it out and i fold it, but this was working ok for like 2 time and then start making the same thing.
alejo79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 01:21 PM   #4
OKCSuburban
AF Regular

Hmmmm,
I am not good enough to know from what you said. I would just have to play with the top and try to compair it to a good one. You might try to find a BMW shop in your area. Or if you know of another owner you might just watch how theirs works.
If you are a member of the BMW CCA, (if in the USA) you could contact some local members. If you are not a BMW CCA member give me an area and I might be able to look up someone in your area in my Roundel or Friends of BMW book.
Best of Luck.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 3 Series