Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Primera | G20 > Audio/Security
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Audio/Security car audio, security.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-28-2002, 06:12 AM   #1
damadgeruk
AF Newbie

Question Program additional alarm remote in UK?

I've read that new remotes can be programmed into the car on US G20's but can anyone tell me whether the same is true for UK models?
I need another remote for my '96(PII) and am looking for a cheaper
solution than the near £100 that Nissan want! Remote is made by Siemens.
My dealer says they program the remote though as it's rolling coded I guess they probably program the car?
TIA,
David
damadgeruk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2002, 05:06 AM   #2
P11GT
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to P11GT Send a message via Yahoo to P11GT
its a dealer part im affraid. my mum had to do the same on a Micra, so i just its the same on your P11, especially, if its the NATS2 system.
Vote for my car at www.ridejudge.com user name P11GT

VRRRROOOOOOMMM TIIISSSSSSHHHTT!!!
P11GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2002, 08:30 AM   #3
damadgeruk
AF Newbie

Wrong, I called about ten Nissan dealers around me in Central Scotland. Arnold Clark in Edinburgh (Sighthill) wanted to charge 30 mins labour! One dealer confirmed the turn the key trick though wouldn't tell me the correct method 'for security reasons'. Armed with this info, ie it was a 3 min job, I called Nissan UK to complain but they were completely uninterested. Arnold Clark said it was expensive , after pushing, because they used a computer, then after further pushing that no computer was involved but they had to pay for expensive training. LOL
In the end, I picked up a remote from my local scrappy for £5 and stopped in at another Nissan dealer. I explained what I wanted and that I knew roughly how to do it and the guy nipped out to the car and programmed both remotes in under 2 minutes, no charge!
Don't get me wrong, I'd be happy to pay, but not 30 mins for a 2 minute job.
Once I work out and check the method I'll post for the benifit of fellow UK/Euro owners.
Nissan, if you're reading, sort it out!

David.
damadgeruk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 11:15 AM   #4
J..M
AF Regular

Re: Program additional alarm remote in UK?

Re-program Key fobs
You must have all the keys for the car with you as you will need to re-program them all because a new code is added to the key fobs rendering the last code useless.

It is advisable any other programmable key for another car or another function should be removed away from the car before re-programming starts otherwise these units may fail as the signal is sent out.

1. Switch ignition switch 6 times from the LOCK position to the ON position within 10 seconds. Return the key to the lock position.

2. After 2 seconds the directional indicators will flash twice. If not, remove key for 10 seconds and repeat 1

3. Switch the ignition switch back to the on position.

Press and HOLD the UNLOCK button (black)
Press the LOCK button (red) 3 times
Release the UNLOCK button

4. If the key fob registration is performed correctly, the directional indicators will flash twice.

5. To re-program another key (up to 4 fobs can be programmed) then remove key, pop the next one in and go to step 3 otherwise go to step 6.

6. Remove the key from the ignition switch and test the remote key fobs to make sure they function properly. If any fail then you will have to repeat from 1 and re-code all the keys again.,
Old 09-02-2005, 02:47 PM   #5
nissantech
AF Newbie

hi all,
PLEASE READ THIS PRIOR TO REPROGRAMING YOUR KEYS. STEP 3 REPOSITIONED FOR CORRECT OPERATION.

nice job J.M be carefull with posts. you got step 3 in the wrong place.

1. Switch ignition switch 6 times from the LOCK position to the ON position within 10 seconds. Return the key to the lock position.

2. After 2 seconds the directional indicators will flash twice. If not, remove key for 10 seconds and repeat 1

Press and HOLD the UNLOCK button (black)
Press the LOCK button (red) 3 times
Release the UNLOCK button

4. If the key fob registration is performed correctly, the directional indicators will flash twice.

5. To re-program another key (up to 4 fobs can be programmed) then remove key, pop the next one in and go to step 3 otherwise go to step 6.

3.****** Switch the ignition switch back to the on position. *******

6. Remove the key from the ignition switch and test the remote key fobs to make sure they function properly. If any fail then you will have to repeat from 1 and re-code all the keys again.,
if you carry out stage 3 you will end the programming mode. you must carry out all the stages first. when you have FINISHED codeing your keys than turn the ignition on to exit the program mode, (ind lamps flash twice.

regards Iain
Old 09-19-2005, 05:03 PM   #6
smashem
AF Newbie

Re: Program additional alarm remote in UK?

Hi all, I seem to have a dud key for my nissan. I have tried to programme it like u said but I've ended up with a please wait notice & then it goes to secure on the inboard screen. The chip is ok as I can interchange it from either of my keys. Seems its down to the little green transponder that lies in the base of the key. I presume that I will have to put a code in to be able to get it to work. can anyone shine any light on this for me. Ta very much.

P.S. I can programme the other key no bother.
smashem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 05:19 PM   #7
nissantech
AF Newbie

hi, i take it from your post that your car is a P12 primera?
when you press the fob buttons can you hear the button "click"?
if not than the fob is no good.
the green transponder has nothing to do with tuning the key fobs (keyless entry) it is for the imobilizer only.
will the car start using both keys?
you should not be removing the chips from the keys as this can damage them.
regards